Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now were're getting to the good bit, must feel great to have fitted a TRD kit by yourself :)

Hey jay

Still a long way to go to finish off fitting the kit and getting it perfect but yeah im over the moon with the way its all turned out up to now.:D

you owe me a beer big time lol... looks absolutely spot on mate. stopper will be a good idea to fill them holes mate plus there be some unoticed one's.

Your not wrong there mate thanks very much. Yeah there posting the stopper on Monday so should have it mid week. I'll finish off the drivers side with any marks I find on the kit etc, then push the car out turn it around and back in for the other side.

Your not wrong there mate thanks very much. Yeah there posting the stopper on Monday so should have it mid week. I'll finish off the drivers side with any marks I find on the kit etc, then push the car out turn it around and back in for the other side.

your welcome matey. speak soon dude.

I cracked on with some more body work today. I went over the drivers rear arch again and found a couple of bits I wasnt happy with. there was a very small high spot at the back next to the rear light, a slight dip in the fibreglass at the front next to the door (bodykit shaping) and also the ariel had to come out and the gap bridging between the TRD arch and the car body.

Rubbed it all down and refilleredthe efected parts.

Seems id refilled these then I thought id just reprime the lot. You can never have enough primer lol.

Im considering fitting 1 of these. What do you all think.

http://www.speedflowshop.co.uk/aero-400-8-bolt-flange-with-neck-670-cap48sl-1225-p.asp

The filler flap will have to be smoothed over, so I need to find a way to make it solid when closed cos if it has any kind of flex once filler the filler is going to crack straight away.

Hopefully i can now patiently await Rob to tell me the best way to do it ;)

Fill the whole recess with fiberglass, smooth over then cut out the desired hole for the new filler......thats only a guess BTW until Rob gets here. :D

Ideally I need to cut the hole in the flat whilst its off the car as I dont want anything going in the filler neck and contaminating the tank. Your right though I think fibreglass is the answer.

I have an idea.

the flap comes with a bracket to bring it out in line with the Fibreglass arch. If I remove that to put it back to the origional position the this gives me enough room to fibreglass around it without spilling onto the body panel. After this dries ill then fil it and mount the cap. In theory..