Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Top thread - quite a talented individual you are....out of interest what is your day job?

Im an engineer mate. I programme and set CNC milling machines. Well I spend most of the day sitting on my toolbox or when im on nights doing little guvy jobs for the supra but dont tell anyone that;)

Thanks for the compliments mate, its kind of you to say so.:D

Thanks for the compliments mate, its kind of you to say so.:D

skill aside you seem to have the patience of a saint and quite a perfectionist too..

well done - no longer a run of the mill supra as a danish supra owner once said :D

skill aside you seem to have the patience of a saint and quite a perfectionist too..

well done - no longer a run of the mill supra as a danish supra owner once said :D

Well if you look at it like that theres quite a few no longer run of the mill supras on the forum now and an average supra is getting harder and harder to come by.. The boundries seem to keep getting pushed and pushed and pushed.

about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. Well thats how long it took me to get to RSCS the last 2 yrs running. Why do you ask Wallis.

I was thinking u could do with a hand mate:)

Honestly bodywork wise you have a massive challange on your hands if u are thinking of doing it yourself.

Im guessing that u like myself are a little bit ocd....lol

U will want it perfect mate.

Do u have any tools like a da or flatbed sander or sanding blocks or even a compressor?

The level of bodywork and skill needed is very high, working with fibre glass and filler is an artform and takes years of practice to even become reasonably good.

Ive trained loads of people over the years and its not easy im affraid, by attempting it yourself u could actually make the job twice as big buddy.

I know your a man with one hell of an eye for detail and your skills are not to be messed with;)

Im just trying to let u know you are borderline crazy wanting to do this yourself, if u have not really done this kind of thing before fella.

But hands down to u mate for wanting to.

I was thinking u could do with a hand mate:)

Honestly bodywork wise you have a massive challange on your hands if u are thinking of doing it yourself.

Im guessing that u like myself are a little bit ocd....lol

U will want it perfect mate.

Do u have any tools like a da or flatbed sander or sanding blocks or even a compressor?

The level of bodywork and skill needed is very high, working with fibre glass and filler is an artform and takes years of practice to even become reasonably good.

Ive trained loads of people over the years and its not easy im affraid, by attempting it yourself u could actually make the job twice as big buddy.

I know your a man with one hell of an eye for detail and your skills are not to be messed with;)

Im just trying to let u know you are borderline crazy wanting to do this yourself, if u have not really done this kind of thing before fella.

But hands down to u mate for wanting to.

Cheers for the advice mate ill take it on board BUT, im going to do it anyway. My whole concept is that i want to do it myself. Non of the skills ive got in creating this car have been trained for, ive just jumped in at the deep end. The way I see it is, i could take the car to my local bodyshop who is awesome by the way and have him do it and charge me X amount OR I can feck it up 3 times before I get it right and it still cost me the same amount but ive learnt a valuable skill.

Now you may see me eat my words but if i dont try ill never know.

Cheers for the advice mate ill take it on board BUT, im going to do it anyway. My whole concept is that i want to do it myself. Non of the skills ive got in creating this car have been trained for, ive just jumped in at the deep end. The way I see it is, i could take the car to my local bodyshop who is awesome by the way and have him do it and charge me X amount OR I can feck it up 3 times before I get it right and it still cost me the same amount but ive learnt a valuable skill.

Now you may see me eat my words but if i dont try ill never know.

fair plays to u john, my hats of to u mate:)

i will pm u my tel no if u need any step by step guides.

Well if you look at it like that theres quite a few no longer run of the mill supras on the forum now and an average supra is getting harder and harder to come by.. The boundries seem to keep getting pushed and pushed and pushed.

thats a fair comment few years back there wasnt many single turbo'ed supras about

Your welcome anytime Steve. Provided it's not 4am n your drunk wanting a fight as per usual lmao.

:rlol: hush up john that wee agressive man inside you came out the last time i seen you lol and i think i remember when i said "john your such an angry man" you knew you had been busted :D :p

Edited by supra steveo (see edit history)

thats a fair comment few years back there wasnt many single turbo'ed supras about

:rlol: hush up john that wee agressive man inside you came out the last time i seen you lol and i think i remember when i said "john your such an agry man" you knew you had been busted :D :p

You do know that's slander. Anyways Caroline will back me up I said nothing of the sort:p

Started the bodywork tonight.

And I must say it's a piece of piss.

Very time consuming and as long as your meticulous when it comes to sanding then all is good. I'm going to buy some primer tomorrow and see how if there is any issued with the blending.

If it's turned out ok then I'll start on the other side.

I've took a few pics as I went but not many cos there was dust everywhere, I'll post them up tomorrow.

At this point I want to thank Rob (Mitchel9006) for all his advice and direction. I really appreciate mate thanks.

no worries mate thats why im here to offer advise, and i must say im over the moon with the help im receiving from traders on here about my project- lee, dude, and paul cheers.

anyway glad you getting to grips with it john, keep up the hard work, how the fingers tips?? bloody.

Funny enough Rob my fingertips are how can I put it tender. But worth it lol. I started about 8pm and finished 1 side at 2.30am so had a pretty good shift really.

come on hodge you not up yet , we NEED these pics

Just emuging now Steve. Won't be long.

Piccy time.

started off yesterday finishing the BOV's off. I had the pipework welded up at work during the week and spend an hour or so polishing them.

Ive ordered some -4an fittings and braided line today. This is to remove the banjo fittings on top of the BOV's and use proper red and blue fitting.

Mow for the rear arches.

Theres doesnt seem a lot to see to be honest, but here you go. Like I said previously, the arch is in primer at the minuite so hopefully only its dried and flattened back its gona look nice n smooth, if not then its back out with the filler again.

Dust cover the previous owner threw in as a freebee has came in handy.

Thinned the edge down on the kit.

after a thin layer of fibreglass and sanded it back the filler went on.