The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

nice work as usual john;)

I finally got my fuel rail brackets today mate......at last!

So i can get the injectors/rail fitted.

Hey john after all the work ive done it looks like im going to be fitting some in/ex 264 cams.

Also fitting the progressive nos kit again, so im not going to be getting my car on the road for a month now atleast if at all this year:(

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice work as usual john;)

I finally got my fuel rail brackets today mate......at last!

So i can get the injectors/rail fitted.

Hey john after all the work ive done it looks like im going to be fitting some in/ex 264 cams.

Also fitting the progressive nos kit again, so im not going to be getting my car on the road for a month now atleast if at all this year:(

Welcome to the club mate lol.

Back in the garage tonight for some more supra therapy.

I'm almost at the stage of being at a standstill waiting for stuff now.

Tonight I'm going to sort the 1st BOV flange out ready for welding and also want to look into making a panel to fit around the batteries instead of having them undercover.

This is by far the best aerotop in Supra land . I really liked Wayne's car but I think you have taken things to a new level . Your attention to detail is incredable from start to finish . Most people start strong and rush things as they see the end in sight . You are relentless in your perfection . To Job, can't wait to see this on the road.

This is by far the best aerotop in Supra land . I really liked Wayne's car but I think you have taken things to a new level . Your attention to detail is incredable from start to finish . Most people start strong and rush things as they see the end in sight . You are relentless in your perfection . To Job, can't wait to see this on the road.

Thanks Roy mate.:D

More work done today.

But before I start can I just say its Bloody freezing in Consett at the minuite. Check out the condensation on my engine lol but we must soldier on.

Bumper and inner bumper back off to make the holes in the intercooler pipework for the flanges to be welded on

The flange that came with the turbosmart BOV, the radius on it was made for a 3" IC pipe so this had to increased a little so it sat on the pipe nicely. Then I marked where I wanted it to sit and off I went.

Throttle Body side

Turbo side

Through the front mesh before I took the inner bumper off.

Inner bumper removed.

both pipes off, marked and ready for cutting.

first hole done.

Perfect fit

Next i wanted to address the boot again as I wasnt happy with the idea of mounting the amps on the boot floor. So the perfectly good aerotop boot carpet I hacked up to fit the rear of the boot came out and went in the bin.

I then retrimmed the side panels that the carpet covered.

Tomorrow ill be making a triangular frame that will go from the back of the strut brace to the rear seat install. I will then make an amp panel which will cover the batteries so the amps are tucked away at the back of the boot, still leaving the boot accessable.

Heres a few random shots i took of the car.

Made a false panel to hold the amps today. Bit of a wasted day really as I drove around for ages to find so Box cloth as the guy that usually gets me it was out of stock so I ended up in halfrauds and paid through my nose for it. But I had to get it today so had no choice really.

The sides are not attached yet as im not sure what im going to do with them but you get the basic idea. Im an amp short too. Cos ive got a small amount of OCD with this sort of stuff i need to find an amp that matches this 1 so there semetrical.

Boot blind in.

Roof fits fine.

Ill be extending the blind to reach the back of the rear seat enclosure so it covers the entire boot.

Tomorrow ill be starting on the bodywork, which im not looking forward to to be honest.

Ive spoke to Rob (mitchel9006) about the best way to go about thisand hes been a great help indeed.

This is what I have to tackle.

The dirty bits on top of the kit is just adhesive from the duck tape I used to hold the kit on.

Ok guys so ive done a bit of searching and ive just found these.

its as Rob has explained to me. I have to fibreglass over the edges and onto the bodywork then flattern it back and then use filler to smooth it out and hey presto. How hard can it be lol.:p

exactly mate, you need to feather away the kit (arch) as much as possible and then fibreglass. Then rub down and start with the filler.

always here if needed. oh i would take them rear lights out too. im sure you would have.

where the front wing is flushed in in the pic, i would use the stopper i told you about and wipe it in with your finger smooth.

im doing adams rear spats like that soon ill take pics on how to do it.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

John what bodywork are u doing yourself mate?

I had my own repair/restoration business called Flavor auto designs, I did bodywork and painting for over 12 years, loved it!

Did alot of showcars and front page magazine cars:)

Yours us one he'll if a project to start learning on, very tough and tricky repairs to do on yours, be carefull if u have never done it before, it would be very easy to make a proper mess if things buddy.

Any advise or help u need just ask John;)

exactly mate, you need to feather away the kit (arch) as much as possible and then fibreglass. Then rub down and start with the filler.

always here if needed. oh i would take them rear lights out too. im sure you would have.

where the front wing is flushed in in the pic, i would use the stopper i told you about and wipe it in with your finger smooth.

im doing adams rear spats like that soon ill take pics on how to do it.

Ill get cracking with this tomorrow Rob so hopefully ill be done by dinner time lol. I think not. Expect a P.M about tea time saying Rob ive fooked it up what do i do now;)

John what bodywork are u doing yourself mate?

I had my own repair/restoration business called Flavor auto designs, I did bodywork and painting for over 12 years, loved it!

Did alot of showcars and front page magazine cars:)

Yours us one he'll if a project to start learning on, very tough and tricky repairs to do on yours, be carefull if u have never done it before, it would be very easy to make a proper mess if things buddy.

Any advise or help u need just ask John;)

Cheers Wallis I appreciate that mate and ill keep it in mind, thank you.

Your car looks great. It's coming along quickly! :)

Cheers dude. Not quickly enough though lol.