Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only one word to describe your car - Beautiful!

Thanks Mark.

Thats a great look Hodge. :)

Yeah I'm really pleased with it. Just want to drive it now Ed.

Hurry up, John. Got a car waiting here ;)

I've got to save my pennies for the Syvecs yet Johnny.

Gorgeous mate - when you getting the facelift lights in though?!

I'm keeping the pre-facelift lights Matt. If I do change them I'll go for glass pre-facelift.

john had a word with my chromer and he said if you could get the bov to me asap he can do a quick turn around.

the blue looks good though..... against the throttle body

Yeah your right Rob it does look good doesn't it. Well that's thrown an iron in the fire lol.

I'm still waiting on the other one artiving mate. I'll get the flanges welded on and see what there like before I commit, if that's ok Rob.

yeah thats cool its your car at the end of the day, its thrown me too though as the blue does look good.

haha should have bought red, then you would have had them chromed.

I'll get the flanges cut and welded and mount the Bovs and go from there mate.

Braided -12an hose has just arrived so I can crack on with the breather lines tonight.

Awesome work mate, has the previous owner seen what you've done to his lowly NA aero? :D

I've got his email address and promised him I'd send some pictures when I bought it but havnt yet. It's funny you should ask this cos I was just thinking about it today. Think I might sit down and send him some CHOICE pictures of it so far.

The first stage of the breather kit is now finished.

I made up the lines and also made this little piece of kit with some mirror stainless, 2 -12AN bulkhead fittings and nuts.

I made a noce oval hole in the inner wing just big enough to get the nuts through. made the plate to suit and fixed them all together. it was a bit of a chew on getting the plate/fittings lined up with the hole in the inner wing but i nailed it eventually.

Then the braided lines were fitted.

The next part is to locate the catch tank at the front of the inner wing, run 2 braided lines from the bulkhead fittings to the catch tank and fit the vent hose under the car.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

Everything is coming along hodge very, very nicely mate;)

Some more really great quality ideas and mods, (pats on the back)

Mate I have hit a real wall in my build, basically been weeks since i lifted the bonnet, everything on the fueling side of things i touch turns to shit.....lol

Ive been waiting on the brackets and inj clips for my new fuel rail for 2 weeks now! (as they were missing) im gutted when stuff like this happens, you just want to get finished, but its just out of your control:(

keep up the good work mate, loving the build:cool:

Everything is coming along hodge very, very nicely mate;)

Some more really great quality ideas and mods, (pats on the back)

Mate I have hit a real wall in my build, basically been weeks since i lifted the bonnet, everything on the fueling side of things i touch turns to shit.....lol

Ive been waiting on the brackets and inj clips for my new fuel rail for 2 weeks now! (as they were missing) im gutted when stuff like this happens, you just want to get finished, but its just out of your control:(

keep up the good work mate, loving the build:cool:

If it's stock injector clips you need I think I've got some you can have. P.m me your address and I'll send um out to ya.

How about fitting a TT lump to mine?

I'm in the process of trying to sort out a unit, as there's no way I would even consider removing someones engine from a car with such a small garage. I know I did it with my car but it was mine. If you know what I mean mate.

After I get s unit then I'll apply as a trader and do things right by the club.

what do I have to do does Caroline have to do to get you to fit a TT lump in my car :D

You see steve if Caroline was my good lady I'd treat her with respect. And wouldn't offer her out just to get an engine fitted to my car. Shame on you, doing this to such a wonderful example of womaness. I hope she reads this and decides to move in with me. Cos I'll love her and cherish her, and kiss here and cuddle her and keep her for my own and tell her she was wonderful every day.

Steve you've let me down :p

Caroline you little tinker lol.

Small update.

Clutch and brakes are now sorted so I've got 3 fully working pedals, and about time too.

Going to start on the BOV flange tomorrow and get it all cut and lined up with the pipework ready for welding and hopefully the other BOV will arrive this week too.

Also waiting for the heater matrix hoses. Once they arrive I can fill the engine with coolant.

Got started on the boot today.

Due to the fact the boot floor in a Supra is utter pap I wanted to make an MDF floor and incorperate the washer bottle id already fitted.

I removed all the boot parts and undersealed it again just to help with a little more sound deadening. I also removed the washer tank I previously fitted as the roof wouldnt go in very well and decided to locate it elsewhere.

Firstly the undersealed boot.

I then used the carpet as a template to get a basic idea of the floor space.

Then I measured, marked and removed the side parts.

Test fit was pretty much perfect.

Roof fits in fine.

I then marked and cut out a hole for the washed bottle cap.

I then carpeted the panel.

After this I flipped it upside down and bonded the washed bottle to the bottom of ther panel using good old sikaflex, and stuck a weight on top to help it bond nice and tight.

Whilst is was bonding I thought id take the opotunity to tidy up the battery wiring.

Sikaflex almost dry I test fitted it into the car.

Looks good.

Refitted the strut brace and I chopped up the perfectly good boot carpet to make a cover for the side panels and the batteries.

Since then ive had a change of heart and need to make a mounting panel for the amps. I was going to just mount them on the boot floor but Ideally I want to try and make it a little bit more like it should be there instead of its just been stuck there. ive no idea how or where im going to mount them but ill figure something out.