The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

I love your engine bay.

When are you going to start doing this full time ;)

I don't ever think it will be a full time thing Neil. I've thought about it a lot over the last few months and think It will lose it's enjoyment if I do it for a FULL time job and the way things are people are spending less and less money on modding cars so I recon it's a dying market.

On the other hand I am hopefully in the very near future going to kick off a small business in my spare time, doing this sort of thing. I'm looking into units local to where I live at the moment actually. So fingers crossed with a bit more space things might get moving. But who knows.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the other hand I am hopefully in the very near future going to kick off a small business in my spare time, doing this sort of thing. I'm looking into units local to where I live at the moment actually. So fingers crossed with a bit more space things might get moving. But who knows.

I see your point on losing interest.

I'm am also certain that if you worked on the other cars to the same high standard you have done with yours then their would be no shortage of business.

Some people want a 'job' doing and others want a 'perfect job' doing, you would certainly cater for the latter :)

Spent some time tidying up some things on my extensive get the car running list.

The exhaust is now finished, and I'll be getting the wideband sensor welded onto the midpipe tomorrow so it can all go on for the final fit.

I finished the wiring off from the fusebox loom to engine loom.

Because I converted from N/A to TT one of the multiplugs required changing.

The TT plug has 5 wires, 1 black, 1 white, 1 blue, 2 black/red.

The N/A plug has 1 black, 1 white, 1 black/red.

The TT plug is removed from the engine harness.

The blue wire is just blocked off and taped up,

The thick black/red is spliced into the thiner black/red.

So I was left with 1 black, 1 white, 1 black/red.

These are matched up with the wired on the fusebox loom and inserted into the N/A engine loom plug. Then plug the 2 together and I was done. Easy.

Next on the list was to reposition the wiring under the drivers wing as on full lock the tyre was catching slightly.

That's all for tonight. I'm off work for 2 weeks next week so the car will get some stick, hopefully get as many jobs done on it as pos.

I'll post some pics later on.

few pics from the other day.

Cut a 22mm hole in the midpipe for the wideband bung.

4-3inch reducer and v-band welded onto the Super dragger pipe.

Tidied up inner wing wiring. Needs undersealing before I refit inner arch guards.

Showing how tight and close the 4" IC pipework is. Cos the car is jacked up the anti roll bar sits on the pipework but when the cars on the floor theres loads of room.

Ive also re-routed the Defi water temp wiring.

origionally i had it running through the inner wing and up and over the side of the fan shroud to the sensor but I thought it looked too untidy, so ive removed it all and now and ran the wire straight back to the engine and through the plug cover and down the back of the engine through the bulkhead. looks much more tidy I recon.