hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Job sorted then :D

Turbosmart it is. Have you any idea on the cost Rob.

nope, cant see it being alot but would be better if you take them to bits and post me them to chrome.

dont want to muck them up by taking them apart or EVEN LOSE THEM :innocent: LOL

OH good choice on the turbosmart by far the better sounding out the two videos.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

nope, cant see it being alot but would be better if you take them to bits and post me them to chrome.

dont want to muck them up by taking them apart or EVEN LOSE THEM :innocent: LOL

OH good choice on the turbosmart by far the better sounding out the two videos.

Id do that anyways mate. Not that I dont trust you its just I like taking stuff apart it theroputic you know:innocent:

Id do that anyways mate. Not that I dont trust you its just I like taking stuff apart it theroputic you know:innocent:

mate i wouldnt like to take them apart lol prob really really easy just hate being resonsible for tiny screws etc.

but when your ready post the bits and ill get them done for you :cool:

mate i wouldnt like to take them apart lol prob really really easy just hate being resonsible for tiny screws etc.

but when your ready post the bits and ill get them done for you :cool:

Top man ill let you know when im sorted.

Cheers Rob

Little update...

Ive ordered 2 x 50mm Turbosmart Raceport BOV's. Hopefully there going to be here in a week or so.

The 4"-3" stainless reducer has arrived today so illget the rest of my exhaust welded up tonight hopefully. Just the Wideband bung to have welded in after that but fitstly I want to move the position of the sensor and get it exact.

Gates Blue Auxiliry belt also arrived today. Ill get my crank pulley tightened and torqued up and the belt fitted. Now I know when you remove your aircon to fit the belt you need to remove the shock dampner but I want to look into a way of leaving it on the car and still fitting the belt. I think it will just be a case of removing a small amount of meterial from the bottom bracket which holds the dampner on so the belt runs through the middle of it. But only time will tell. Ill keep you all posted. Hopwfully will get some more pics up tonight.

Good news on bodywork.

I spoke to the guy who painted my blue supra and he's agreed to paint this 1. When he did my blue 1 he told me me he wouldn't paint another car as it's too time consuming. He make a fortune on repair work.

So the best part of it is he has also agreed to let me work with him when he paints it. I'll take some time off work when the time comes and strip the car for painting. I'll also be involved in the final prep work. Although I'll leave the masking and painting to him. After this I'll put the car back together. I can't wait. Hopefully I'll pick up some new skills along the way.

This won't be for a while yet as I want the car running and drivable first.

The exhaust has gone to be welded at work I should get it back friday I recon.

The wideband bung will get welded to the midpipe hopefully friday which is only a 5 minuite job really so I recon ill get all the exhaust together friday night for the final fitting and be done with it.

I spent some time with the Auxilery belt setup tonight.

As said previously in the thread due to removing the aircon I had to get a smaller belt, and the way it configured around the pulleys ment if fouled the shock dampner which was fitted to manuals.

Not wanting to loose this seems I spent bloody ages polishing the tensioner and buying a billet shock arm I thought id just modify the bottom bracket slightly so the belt didnt foul it.

I didnt really mind this as the dampner isnt under a great deal of tension anyway.

so after a little magic with the grinder and a file with a bit of trial and error it fit nice and snugly without fouling.

heres a few piccys as I went on.:D