The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

That's what I thought but like I said I used the N/A spacers on the end of the driveshaft and they fit no problem, don't know why or how but they just did.

XS power downpipe and midpipe came today. And I must say the quality is a world better that I've seen previously from them. The downpipe wasn't far away really. I cut the flange off that connects to the turbo and made a curved spacer piece to fit in-between the v-band flange and downpipe and it all lines up like a dream. I'll get it welded up tomorrow night at work. I do think I'll have to shorten the downpipe as well seems I've reduced the height of the manifold but I'll get it bolted in place and get under the car 1st to confirm and hopefully the midpipe will be somewhere near.

I'll upload some pics later on.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazing build Hodge, your attention to detail is simply mind blowing. I can't wait to see this shiny monster finished.

*waits for more updates*

some pics of the downpipe and midpipe.

I chopped the v-band off the turbo side of the downpipe as it was for an XS-Power GT45 turbo and the v-band was smaller than my turbo.

I dressed the pipe off so it was nice and flat and round where the v-band was removed.

Cut a section out of a stainless steel 90 degree pipe I had in the shed and attached it to the new v-band and clamped it to the turbo.

Cut it to size.

This is how it will look when its all welded together.

Nice work :thumbs:

You going to add any flexi sections to it?

I wasn't going to Wez. I didn't think it was essential really. There's not much clearance sown there as it is so having movement on the exhaust via a flexi section it's bound to rattle off something.

Downpipe and midpipe are all done now.

I got the downpipe sections all welded together but when I bolted the downpipe into place, the v-band at the bottom was carching the chasssis. So I took it off again, cut it in half and took 10mm out of the middle and had it welded back together again. Now its a perfect fit. The Midpipe didnt need any modification what so ever. although I do have to get the boss for my wideband sensor welded in place but apart from that it sits nice and high without fouling the underneath of the car at all.

A few fitted pics.

I decided I was going to have a weekend off the car this week. I had planned the whole night out. My wife is at work so it was a couple of movies, a few cups of tea and some Jammie Dodgers, well a lot of jammie dodgers really, BUT, My 9 year old son came in from school with a Tuba as he decided he wanted to join the brass band, oh what joy. I bet you can guess whats coming next. after listening to him practise for over 3 hours I made a quick exit to the garage with a potential head ache.

I decided to look at the cat back part of my exhaust.

Not wanting to a crazy loud car, ive decided to mate the HKS super Dragger to my 4" downpipe and midpipe. Ive got a spare v-band flange and have ordered a stainless steel 4-3 inch reducer so I can mate the 2 pipes together. I cut the flange off the Super dragger and lined the 2 pipes up and to he honest I couldnt have had a more perfect fit. The 2 pipes lined up perfectly, and the tailpipe sits exactly where I wanted it. You would think it was all made as a complete exhaust. Exhaust should be all sorted by the middle of next week I hope.

few pics of it all fitted.

LOL Give your son a electric guitar with some headphones,

Looking really good Hodge, cant wait to see this car

thats not a bad idea mate. But a bloody Tuba lol, for gods sake lol.

Ive got a feeling im going to be woken up to the lovely sound of this blasting in the morning too. But if it makes him happy then im happy too:d

I finished the power steering setup today.

I pipes up the resevior to the cooler and the resovior to the pump.

Unfortunatly there was no way of hiding the pipework to the pump because i needed to keep it as high as possible as not to dip lower than the pump. So ive ran it under the plenum and throttle body. It doesnt look too bad TBH but ideally i would rather have it hidden but hay ho.

Whilst im waiting for a polished cap for the resovior ive taken my brake resovior cap off and fitted it to see how it will look.

RESULT...................looks the nut if I do say so myself:d

Ordered myself som Samco Superflex white hose for the heater matrix water lines today.

All the other custom hoses in white I bought from Viper performance but they told me they couldnt do the superflex in white for 1 reason or other. All told for a metre of hose its just cost me almost 50 quid delivered. Totally gutted seems the large pile of hoses I bought from Viper only cost me 77 quid but there you go.

heres a link to the samco hose. It can be bent into almost any shape which was exactly what I needed as the matrix heater hoses twisted into a few different angles.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.do?method=view&n=1665&g=2220&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Motorsport

In a dilema about BOV's.

I had my heart set on 2 tial 50mm BOV's, 1 on the intercooler pipe to the plenum and 1 turbo side next to the IC. Now ive heard the turbosmart raceport BOVS and they sound amazing. The only issue is they only come in black or blue and ideally I wanted polished ones.

I suppose i could but its going to put me back timewise and odviously theres extra cost to have them chromed.

mate, the cost to get these chromed compared to the cost of the build, in relation in nothing!!

No point doing such a finesse finish under there to then worry about a few quid or few days to get the bov's perfect oo. :)