Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hodge if i give you 20k can you build me a doomsday machine?

i promise you all the tea and samosa's in the world! :D

A supra maybe but TBH I'm not that keen on building a doomday machine. I think it would upset a lot of other club members knowing they were all going to die when you fired it up :p

Came in from work today with a head full of Supra love so after making the kids teas it was in the garage for some action seems a few parts came today.

ive started maknig a template for my downpipe just to make sure everything would fit ok.

I started by masking taping a 4" v-band flange to some 4' flexi A/C ducting.

Then I bolted it to the turbo with the v-band clamp.

As you can see the turbo angle isnt that servear so I may get away with just angling the flange and coming straight off it and down. failing this ive found a 4" stainless 90 degree bend in the shed I can use.:D

Next came to the PAS resevior.

Ive been thinking about the location of this all day, and decided putting it in the inner wing would be a totally unessessary ball ache if I wanted to check the fluid meaning id have to take the wing off to do it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO its going here.

Odviously I wanted it to look like it was ment to be there so a little funky work with the drill, grinder and jigsaw was in order.

firstly ive hacked up a TT PAS resevior, removing the brackets and grinding welded parts back to get it as flush to the tank as pos.

Next was to mark the FMIC slam panel. Ive roughly marked a 73mm diameter circle on the slam panel ready to cut out.

I cut it all out with a jigsaw, which I must add was a total nightmare, breaking i think 6 jigsaw bladed lol.

I then smmothed the circle to 73mm and fitted the PAS resevior then fitted it to the car.

it all needs to come apart again so I can polish the PAS resevior and the spam panel and finally fit the hoses to the resevior.

heres the results so far.

Ran the polishing mops over the PAS resevior tonight.

So all I need is a shiney cap cover and were off.

Im totally unhappy with the slam panel. Im going to look into getting a new 1 laser cut out of stainless steel. Im not sure what this 1 is made out of but the finish isnt shiney enough for me:(

john is that a tt resevoir or na?? is there much difference between the two??

It's a TT res Rob. There's a massive difference. The brackets are totally different and the TT one has a pipe off the bottom and the N/A one has a fitting with an o-ring so it can fit directly into the top of the pump.

looking good mate, great mod on the pas resevoir i was looking for a stock tt resevoir cap in crome or ally a while back with no joy, but i have seen them on other members cars, so they are defo out there;)

keep up the great work

There just stainless steel covers Matt. Reflections (spit on the floor) used to do them when he could be arsed to post stuff out lol.

There just stainless steel covers Matt. Reflections (spit on the floor) used to do them when he could be arsed to post stuff out lol.

Really....lol

no wonder I couldn't find any on the Internet, well if luckily enough you do find any for sale let me know mate.

I was actually speaking to a chap who owns a company called roose motorsport, they make silicon hoses etc but real top end stuff, chap also cromes engine parts, and he said he can Crome almost anything Inc plastics, maybe worth me asking him if he could Crome a pas cap and how much :-)

will let u know mate

cheers

m

Really....lol

no wonder I couldn't find any on the Internet, well if luckily enough you do find any for sale let me know mate.

I was actually speaking to a chap who owns a company called roose motorsport, they make silicon hoses etc but real top end stuff, chap also cromes engine parts, and he said he can Crome almost anything Inc plastics, maybe worth me asking him if he could Crome a pas cap and how much :-)

will let u know mate

cheers

m

Could have done with that 6 months ago TBH Matt. But yeah keep me informed mate. I'd say mainly it's cast alloy that seems to be an issue with chromers mainly. They can't seem to chrome it.

sourced a cap for you mate, got supra logo etched in though. fingers crossed ill get it for sat and post it out

Can you not find a stainless cap to fit? My custom alloy tank has a stainless cap.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2v00ahd.jpg

That's 1 stunning engine bay mate. Love the idea of fitting the TB 90 degrees out so the pulley is on the top. I never thought of doing that. I'd have put the TB on so the wheel was at the bottom so the cable wasn't visable at all. Shame cos I've got the TB cable fitted now n had to drill the side of the plenum to secure it.

That's 1 stunning engine bay mate. Love the idea of fitting the TB 90 degrees out so the pulley is on the top. I never thought of doing that. I'd have put the TB on so the wheel was at the bottom so the cable wasn't visable at all. Shame cos I've got the TB cable fitted now n had to drill the side of the plenum to secure it.

thats what happens john when you off the ball and out of monster :rolleyes: bit diappointed in you actually :D