The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

To be honest mate it looks so much better without the ABS junk in there - i debated for ages with Lee about removing mine but i wasn;'t sure how the car would be without it!! :)

Like I said Jamesy it's the sole reason I bought the car and not a TT. So I didn't have all that junk in the engine bay.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how long is it going to be before you finish this mate ? think we should have another meet round your for the first time you fire it up :D

Your welcome round anytime steve.

Think I'm going to fire it up for the 1st time in private incase something goes wrong so I don't look a tail lol.

Throttle cable is in now.

ive tucked it away behind the brake booster. I still been some white cable ties to secure it in place though.

Ive fabricated a throttle cable bracket at work today to house the cable onto the throttle body.

i used 2 pieced of Sainless steel banding, bent them to the shape i needed and had them welded together. Cut an 8mm slot in for the cable to fit in and an 8mm hole to bolt it to the plenum/throttle body.

OH and ofcourse I polished it lol.

Im not sure yet wether im going to drill and tap a hole in the side part of the bracket to secure it a little batter to the plenum.

Im off out to have a session on it now so may have another update for you all later on tonight;)

A relitively early 1 for me tonight. Im usually in the garage til atleast 3am on a Friday night lol.

Fitted the overflow tank down under the passanger light. Not a great deal of room in there with the TRD inner bumper ducting. so I had to remove some of it to get the tank in. I looked at a few other places to locate it but just didnt have any room anywhere.

The rest of the night was full of creativity.

Whilst listening to the new saturdays album:D I decided i needed a heatshield to protact my brake lines and clutch lines from the heat of the downpipe. Not wanting to use the bendy silver stuff (cant remember the name), I wanted to make something that fit in with the engine bay. So out came the grinder.

and about 2 hours later I arrived at this.

Is that not just gonna trsnsfer heat into the servo etc

I wouldn't have thought so. There is a significant amount of space between the DP and the shield and also room between the servo and shield. Aswell as that I'll be heat wrapping the downpipe, so I would have thought anything between the 2 would be an advantage really.

Been sitting thinking about the car and the build today.

So far this build has cost me in the access of 30k. And then I was checking out some of Jurgens cars like the TRD and even the R34 GTR he has in and thought of what I could have bought with that kind of money and still had change and a lot less hassle.

But then I thought would I have bought a car and then took it apart to put my own stamp on it so to speak.

Don't get me wrong I'm really loving doing this build and it's going to be pretty unique BUT, and here's the but, sometimes I just want to jump in a car and drive it.

Sometimes I think should I have just bought something and be done.

Ahhhhhh I don't know. Think I'm having a trauma. I just want it done I guess but there's still more mountains to climb before I get there.

Ok onwards and upwards, where's my spanners lol.

Stop being wet and get on with it.:D It's not money down the drain if you enjoy it ;)

It's not suprising you're having thoughts like that, but you need to focus and get it complete, you know it'll be worth it in the end,

No turning back now mate.

I'm not having doubts that I've made a mistake because I really wanted to do this. To a certain extent I'm building a car almost from the ground up which was a childhood dream for me.

I suppose I just wish it was finished so I could enjoy driving it.

I suppose I just need to work a bit faster and put some more hours in.

I'm off out to a gig tonight with some pals I'll crack on tomorrow with a fresh mind.

Moan over lol.

hodge its the way it is am afraid, am the same with r35 sometimes wish never started but it has to be done now.

The difference is with yours you had no choice.

Like I said I'm just having a moan I think.

Just ignore me. I'll be ok in a bit hahaha.

yeah i think you should get rid of it mate, sell it to me for a £5 :p

We all get like this dude, once its done though you'l be like thanks god its finshed and holy sh*t iv got one unique car. :D

There's no fear of me selling it that's for sure mate. I stripped the car down mid January I think so I suppose at the stage it is now it's a Lot further forward than I thought it would be, so i shouldn't grumble really. Just a small moment of weekness.

Don't be daft John and focus on getting this beauty finished.

Put it this way mate: You spend 50k+ on the car, drive it for a year and then get sick and want something else. You put it up for sale - I offer you 20k and that saves me 30k.

Bring on 2012:innocent:

:D

There's no fear of me selling it that's for sure mate. I stripped the car down mid January I think so I suppose at the stage it is now it's a Lot further forward than I thought it would be, so i shouldn't grumble really. Just a small moment of weekness.

dam right, suck it up you Girl :p

Mate just think of the first time the car is all mapped and complete, and you first get to really open her up! That grin you get and the hairs standin up on the back of your neck! Just makes it all worth it!!!!

You say about the r34 gtr, I saw that earlier, I thought it looks crazy 2. But it would be bought, not built!!

And the last pic on this page mate is all u!!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=196108&page=106