Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hodge, ive just noticed your using Mikalor clamps for all your IC pipework, which are the same clamps i've just replaced all mine with. But when fitting mine, i found that these are quite a heavy duty clamp and its quite easy to over tighten them and start to distort the pipework. So was wondering if when doing yours you will be doing them a little over hand tight? Or will you be using a certain torque setting? Obviously yours will need to hold ALOT more boost than mine ;)

Hodge, ive just noticed your using Mikalor clamps for all your IC pipework, which are the same clamps i've just replaced all mine with. But when fitting mine, i found that these are quite a heavy duty clamp and its quite easy to over tighten them and start to distort the pipework. So was wondering if when doing yours you will be doing them a little over hand tight? Or will you be using a certain torque setting? Obviously yours will need to hold ALOT more boost than mine ;)

I just wrenched them up as tight as I could mate. None of the pipes crushed or distorted at all. I guess you must have arms as big as my legs lol.

OMG... And I'm spent!

Has to be one of the best supra engines I have ever seen. I love how clean and simple it looks. Original colour combo too. Top effort bud, cars really coming together. :thumbs:

Cheers bud. I think that's all that's goingvin there. Maybe the PAS resevior to go in but I'm not sure. I'm looking to try and fit a N/A resevior straight on top of the pump but I need to measure up if there's enough room between the plenum and pump. If it won't fit or I can't make it fit it's going in the inner wing on the passenger side.

Glove Box :)

Cheers fitz, yeah it's in the glovebox, I'll dig a picture out mater on tonight.

Sneaky :sly:

No ABS anymore either John??

The car never had ABS to start with mate. I bought it forcthat reason as I didn't want the ugly pump in the engine bay. Although I am going to try and retrofit the ABS hubs from a TT so I can get the traction control on the solaris to work.

The car never had ABS to start with mate. I bought it forcthat reason as I didn't want the ugly pump in the engine bay. Although I am going to try and retrofit the ABS hubs from a TT so I can get the traction control on the solaris to work.

I had to fit abs hubs to the rear of my n/a in order to fit the bigger diff casing for a 6 speed and associated driveshafts. Once I found out what I needed, it was a direct swap of the hub. Only issue I had was to bugger the ball joints on a couple of suspension arms trying to remove them, so I decided to replace the lot with new oem.

OMG... And I'm spent!

Has to be one of the best supra engines I have ever seen. I love how clean and simple it looks. Original colour combo too. Top effort bud, cars really coming together. :thumbs:

100% agree thats the best engine bay i have ever seen, top work mate almost seems unreal that its a running engine in there, awesome;)

To be honest mate it looks so much better without the ABS junk in there - i debated for ages with Lee about removing mine but i wasn;'t sure how the car would be without it!! :)

I had to fit abs hubs to the rear of my n/a in order to fit the bigger diff casing for a 6 speed and associated driveshafts. Once I found out what I needed, it was a direct swap of the hub. Only issue I had was to bugger the ball joints on a couple of suspension arms trying to remove them, so I decided to replace the lot with new oem.

I've also got a large diff casing to go in mate. So to get this all to work I'm going to need 2 new driveshafts and 2 TT, ABS hubs.