The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

Looking good. One thing though, are those relays gonna be ok where they are in that pic? Won't they be subject to excessive heat and moisture? I'm probably wrong mind.

There well covered by the inner and outer bumpers. I can't see them getting hot either but I suppose only time will tell. It's something to keep an eye on Ed. I really never thought of this TBH.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There well covered by the inner and outer bumpers. I can't see them getting hot either but I suppose only time will tell. It's something to keep an eye on Ed. I really never thought of this TBH.

Ah ok, well you have more experience of electrics than me. I'm just paranoid about it.

been down to my hydraulics supplier yesterday and ordered my oil feed line and a shed load of mikalor clamps.

Still waiting on my hoses from Viper performance, filter for the turbo is waiting at the parcelforce office for me, greedy animals want almost 20 quid customs.

I've also managed so source a 5" induction tube for the car, what it's going to look like after I polish it I don't know but it's worth a bash.

AV cables for my IPhone are all done.

Still waiting on a diff casing arriving from Darett.

So things are moving in a funny sort of way.

Loads more work donne over the week.

Got my turbo oil feed line made up at my local Hydraulics company. Made from 1/4" braided PTFE. ive heat wrapped it to stop it from melting from the heat of the manifold.

Installed with the oil drain in place too.

Fitted a new PAS cooler line as i wasnt totally happy with the line which ran to the tank.

My custom made white silicon hoses arrived from Viper performance on friday so I got stuck into them aswell when I arrived in from work.

Top rad hoses.

TB intercooler hose.

5" intake hose for turbo.

Also found a 5" 45 degree steel elbow and bought a HUUUUGE K&N filter too. (this is just test fit, the pipe needs polishing and the hose needs clamping to the turbo and pipe).

4" Intercooler pipework all welded,polished, cleaned out and ready to be installed.

hole for TB side intercooler pipework has been cut, smoothed and the edge trimmed.

Pipework installed. It will need removing at a later date for the BOV flanges to be welded on but theres no hurry for that really.

Next the bonnet was removed for a little work on it.

heres a few pics of the engine bay in a better light without the bonnet on.

And to the bonnet.

One of the threaded holes for the hinges seemed to be stripped, so I retapped all 4 holes and fitted new bolts.

whilst there, there is no holes in the bonnet for the hooks do using a diamond tip ball cutter,ive made some nice holes for the hooks to go into.

The washer jet hose has been bonded onto the back of the bonnet to make it all that little bit tidier. To do this, I rubbed the back of the pipe with some 180 grit wet and dry to rough it up and then used locktite to fix it in place. it all looks pretty stock now.

The only think I dislike about vented bonnets is that they all come with silver mesh which I hate with a passion, so ive pulled it all out and replaced it with some nice shiney black mesh which looks a million times better IMO.

The under of the bonnet started like this.

All mesh removed.

Black mesh installed.

Bonnet has now been refitted, dampner brackets have been modified for a better fit and all threaded hole lock up a treat now.

Next jobs is to pick my Diff up from DHL (thanks to Paul at Whifbitz for sorting this for me), and just waiting for my diff casing to arrive then were gona learn how to build a diff.

Ive just bought a 4' downpipe and midpipe so hopefully will get those all modded ready to be fitted sometime over the next week or so.

Yeah things are moving quickly now guys. Cheers for all the comments it spers me on it really does.

Was up til 3.45am working on it Friday night, then working on bosscos car all day sat, then back to mine sat night, bed at 2am. Im working on blossoms supra today too. Might have a day off from mine I think.

I've got a new to do list to write though cos my old is about done and I keep thinking of stuff to do lol.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

Well let's get 1 then.

im flicking through some mags now to find the company name who does stuff like that, cant remember what issue or mag :(

just a quickie, but how long did it take the company to make them hoses mate? and did you use hose on the brake servo or just put pipe over pipe??

and mine needs a vent for...................... show and shine

im flicking through some mags now to find the company name who does stuff like that, cant remember what issue or mag :(

just a quickie, but how long did it take the company to make them hoses mate? and did you use hose on the brake servo or just put pipe over pipe??

and mine needs a vent for...................... show and shine

The pipes were made in about 2 weeks Rob. The brake servo, yeah it's reinforced silicon so I get no shrinkage under braking. I've still left the metal part of the pipe but it's just been painted white.

The prices were very reasonable really. For all the white and the long black piece came to 77 quid IIRC.