The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

Just got myself a wee kit on ebay, will be using your guide and have a wee go at some of the guff parts i have lying around :)

Cheers hodge :)

Top bloke. It's really not that hard just very time consuming and dirty oh and takes it's toll on drills I've busted atleast 4 lol.

Looking good John, its coming together fast now, cant wait ot see this bad boy up and running :D

Cheers Geo. If you need those IC pipework dimensions give me a buzz mate.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got some parts you might be interested in dude, ill pm you when i get them

Come on Rob spill the beans I have waiting for anything.

Turbo looks the nuts John, great polishing!! :D

Cheers Jamesy. Recon bling is back in season lol.

I'm going to make my own strut brace Rob. The bonnet won't shut with the TRD on so I sold it. I'm gutted really cos I always wanted 1 when I had my blue supra. Because of the vent in the centre of the bonnet dipping down you can't get a brace to fit. I've also tried a cusco 1 but had no joy. So I've decided to make my own design. Got a pretty funky idea but it's on the back burner for the minuite until I can get everything under the engine bay bolted into place and ready to fire.

Done a bit of work on the car today after work.

My Turbo gasket arrived the other day from Whifbitz (cheers paul), so took the opotunity to get the turbine housing on.

Made up the oil drain lines today.

Was a bit of a chew on fitting it. After attaching it to the block I found i had to attach it to the turbo central core before I bolted the core to the turbine housing.

Ive also finished the intercooler pipework with the help of Jay, Thanks mate.

This proved to be a total nightmare. Due to me using 4" pipework i had to reposition 1 of the banjos to the PAS rack as I couldnt get the 90 degree reducer in, so it had to be twisted about 45 degrees, but before this I had to cut a lug off the that held it in to enable me to move it.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/ahttp://i200.photobucke</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> [img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/009-24.jpg

Guest livingthedeadbe

Holy mother of god. just spent the last while reading over this build and i take my hat off to you. this build looks schmick! i love your vision of the engine bay. Minimal & clean.

Looking forward to this being completed :D

Without sounding like a picky bastard (I hope :p), are you going to clean up the front subframe and suspension components? I keep seeing what looks like rust on the pics that show subframe angles, and it looks so out of place considering how attentive to detail your build is in every other way.

Without sounding like a picky bastard (I hope :p), are you going to clean up the front subframe and suspension components? I keep seeing what looks like rust on the pics that show subframe angles, and it looks so out of place considering how attentive to detail your build is in every other way.

Well the plan was, when the car is running and complete over the following winter I want to replace the front and rear subframes, bushes and anti-roll bars etc. I'm not overly concerned about it at the min though it's a job for a later winter.