Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This car will surely be pulling in trophies soon:)

Cheers Andrew let's hope so mate.

Impressive work as always Hodge ;)

Do you think it'll be ready before bad weather starts to come?

I thing realistically, I'm looking at the start of the show session next year to get it all perfect, painted, running and mapped. But things are really starting to move now so who knows.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, no pictures unfortunately though.

Things are really moving now.

I've spent a huge amount of time with the polishing mops over the last couple of weeks which to be fair has really paid off.

I've replaced the TT thermostat housing with a polished N/A unit to get enough room for the intercooler pipe and the lower water pipe to go in without issue.

For some reason there's a discrepancy between the bolt hole diameter of 2mm. The TT pipe holes are 9.3mm and the N/A holes are 7.3mm. So I bored the holes out to the correct size before I polished and fitted it with a TRD thermostat.

Turbo compressor housing is now polished,

I've polished and smoothed the greddy top rad pipe. This looks great now. I was a little disappointed when I bought it to be honest as I think the quality what very poor. I has an Envy top rad polemic my blue supra and it was way way better quality.

I've polished the top of the alloy rad to match the PHR fan kit and fitted a plinth (cheers Rob).

All intercooler pipes have Been welded up and polished.

I've managed to sort a Diff also.

I've bought a large Diff casing from DARRET, cheers dude,

And JamieP is kindly sorting me an LSD diff for it which he has spare from the black beast. Many thanks mate I owe you 1.

All the silicon pipework has been ordered apart from the rear matrix water pipes which I'm struggling to get in white superflex. These should be arriving in the next week or so.

All the wiring has been sorted of the fans and the relay earths have been ran into the cabin for Ryan to have them controlled by the ECU.

Dash2 is completely wired in with all warning lights connected. I've also fitted an MIL light to the right of the display.

I've bought a set of apple composite cables so I can connect my Iphone4 to my headunit for audio and video. Just a reversing camera to sort there and some front components and the interior is all done.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I get access to the laptop.

Some amazing progress made dude, loving it. :D Be going the IC route same as you soon, if all goes to plan?

any idea's on a time scale of it being finished bud?

Nah non at all mate. I keep coming out with loads of stupid ideas that puts me back a bit lol.

You going for 4" IC pipework mate.

Nah non at all mate. I keep coming out with loads of stupid ideas that puts me back a bit lol.

You going for 4" IC pipework mate.

yeah i fancy some 4'' stuff, just been looking at it on the web, was over talking about the plans for it just there, few things i want done, one being engine bay clutter free from wiring etc.

TBH the toyo FMIC is working well and my temps stay the same no matter how im driving her, but im not too sure if it will handle an extra 100bhp, need to think what i want doing here?

A few piccy from the last week or so's work.

Polished N/A lower water pipe.

Here it is next to the TT part.

TRD Thermostat.

And now fitted

Ive also used the N/A lower water hose as it mates with the pipe and the rad well and also leaves loads of room for the IC pipework.

Ive polished the greddy top water pipe.

Ive also removed the rad stripped the PHR electric fan kit off and polished the top of the rad. I also gave the PHR fan shroud a wiz over too, and then re-asembled it.

And refitted with a polished rad plinth.

And then comes the Turbo. What joy that was to polish. Around 6hrs solid and I ended up with this.

A few pics of what ive done tonight.

Got these from Mr. Whiffin Thanks mate.

also bought this from good old faithful Ebay.

Stripped the turbo down ready to fit the oil return pipe.

oil drain fitted to the turbo.

Oil drain fitted to the block. sorry about the rubbish pic.

Another quicky of the compressor housing with the heatshield on.

as soon as the Turbo to manifold gasket comes I can put it all back together.