Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread continues to amaze me John, just when I think it couldn't possible get any better, you go and do something....dare I say it, awesome. That interior looks great mate, I can see you'll be winning a few trophies over the next few years etc.

Keep it up dude. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Seen this in person last night and felt totally honoured. Despite it being an awesome build thread, the pics don't do it justice compared to seeing it in all its glory.

I turned into the cul-de-sac and just got a massive grin on my face when I seen it sitting in the open garage. :D

Top work Shiny and cheers for the advice and pending work on mine...

Anytime steve always happy to help mate.

Good luck with the wedding. When you get back hopefully the cars gona look a world different.

Friday I'll be spending all day on it as I've got no work in. Want to finish up all the electrics. Nos solenoids, electric fan relays and a few other bits. Then I need to get the polishing mops out again. Oh what fun.

I've also decided to change the fueling system.

I know it's been said it can't be done, BUT I want to fit two Bosch 044 pumps in the tank. I recon with a bit jiggery pockery they'll fit just fine.

I'll be doing this after I get the car fired up though. As I don't think the stock ECU will cope with all that fuel.

bit off topic now, but, this is my most favorite supra

Thank you my friend. I appreciate that's cheers.

Here you go...these pics from SF may be useful.

Don't use hose like this clear stuff though.

Thanks Dan. Only in the US eh lol. Yeah I like the idea if a -8an Y piece in the pump leading to a -12an single line then back to 2 -8an lines for the rail.

I recon I'll have to ditch the stock return line if I'm using this much feed to the rail though.

Does anyone know if the -6an line to the FPR will need to be increased seems I'll be using -8an to either side of the rail.

Wow !

Great work mate, cant wait to see this car !

Cheers buddy

Some progress made over the last week.

Ive finished off the dash2 wiring. Only the MIL warning light to fit and the Main beam relay to sort out. For some reason its not working as it should. Will just be something simple ive overlooked though.

This is how it all started out.

Harness made up for the selection switches.

Up

Down

Menu

Select

Buttons fitted. And could do with a really good clean.

Had the pipe welded on the Compressor housing. it just needs blending and a damn GOOD POLISH.

Some of the intercooler pipework turned up on friday so i cracked on sorting the turbo side out. ive got a 1st class welder onboard so hopefully ill have these all welded up by next week. Ive also got 3 x 90 degree bends on the way for the Plenum side.

Im using 4" pipework all the way through and reducing to 3" to the turbo.

Theres not a lot of room running under the car for the 4" pipe but its going in and thats final LOL.

I shortened the reach on the side that goes into the intercooler to pull it a bit tighter into the car.

Chopped the 1mtr of straight pipe up to get the reach to meet up with the pipe from the turbo. Im going to join this with a 45 degree reducer. Im wanting to avoid as many silicon hose collections as possible so apart from the intercooler connection and the 45 degree reducer everything will be welded.

perfect position for the reducer pipe.

Ive made up the wastegate tube to be welded onto the manifold.

Manifold stripped out ready for welding.

PHR electric fan setup all wired in,relays made up and in place.

I am a fan of neat stuff and having a place for everything.

coming along nicely my friend, looking so clean under that bonnet, hats off to u with that polisher....lol

hey hodge quick question sorry to hi jack your thread bud, but im after a sandwich plate for the engine oil cooler and wondered which one u went for and what u would recommend, i want to run a few lines plus a few gauges which im guessing i should be able to do with the right one.

all the best ;)

coming along nicely my friend, looking so clean under that bonnet, hats off to u with that polisher....lol

hey hodge quick question sorry to hi jack your thread bud, but im after a sandwich plate for the engine oil cooler and wondered which one u went for and what u would recommend, i want to run a few lines plus a few gauges which im guessing i should be able to do with the right one.

all the best ;)

I got it frow speedflow mate think it was about 50 quid with the -10an fittings. It has 2x 1/8NPT ports for gauges also.

Help yourself mate. That's what projects are for. I've used stuff from peoples projects too and just added a bit of my own flair lol. If you know what I mean.

You need any help with anything you want to try drop me a p.m and I'll point you in the right direction.