Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't have thought it will have much lateral movement just back and forward as I accelerate and change gear etc. There's about 5mm to the left of the pipe but it has loads front and back. I'll be putting a 90 degree reducer on that to enable the pipe to open out to 4" for the intercooler inlet. So I'll have some movement/flex there if there's an issue. All the rest of the joins will be welded.

Odviously the compressor housing and the pipe both require a damn good polishing lol. I'll do this once it's welded.

VERY nice work mate, I'm most impressed with the time and effort you are putting into this amazing project... keep it up!

wow mate, very impressive!!! ;)

Stunning car and awesome build, one of the cleanest engine bays I've ever seen, well done.

Cheers guys. I am a little gutted I won't have it ready for the pod next week to be honest but I suppose there's always next year. Looking forward to meeting some of you next weekend and checking out your cars.

Spent quite some time on the car over the weekend well infact it was 4am on friday and saturday I emurged from the garage.

I wanted to get some of the electrical work done to prove out the electrical system seems ive now got the loom all fitted.

Firsty i started with temp fitting the amp for the subs. I was origionally going to use a 5 Channel jackson amp (class A/B).

but found it was better suited to running 1 sub and 4 speakers, so ive gone for a 4 channel JL Audio amp which ive bridged for the 2 subs. I think ill sell the jackson amp and get another JL Audio 4 channel for the speaker setup.

Eventually ill be making a false floor in the boot and sinking the amps into it but need to find another amp first.

next came the dash2. I wasnt looking forward to doing this to be fair but to be honest its turned out to be a lot easier than I thought.

At this point I would like to say a massive theak you to STEVE who has helped me out with some of the wiring issues. Cheers dude.

So here we go. Started off with the manual which was pretty self explanatory really.

Number 1 connector

I raided Wez's track car project thread and found these to aid me with the instalation but to be honest they may as well have been in russian cos I couldnt really make head nor tail of most of them lmao.

I then proceeded to pull the dash apart for the 100th time and began with the multi-meter.

a few hours later I ended up with this.

Now that looks like a very nice place to sit. :cool:

Have a virtual pat on the back from me dude, top effort :thumbs:

How cool is that I can actually feel you patting my back lol.

What an amazing build. Very nice :cool:

Thank you kind sir.

Been thinking about collies for a while now and think I've just about nailed it. I'm going to go for:-

Black 4 inch joiners on the intercooler

White 4 inch joiner on the throttle body

White 5 inch joiner on the turbo inlet

White joiners on upper rad pipe

Black lower rad pipe

White heater hoses

White brake booster pipes

BOVS though I'm a little stuck with. I'm going for 2 Tial 50mm BOVS and don't know what colour tops to get. I thought either white or polished to go with the engine bay then I thought purple to match the cam pulleys.

Anyone got any thoughts.

Been thinking about collies for a while now and think I've just about nailed it. I'm going to go for:-

Black 4 inch joiners on the intercooler

White 4 inch joiner on the throttle body

White 5 inch joiner on the turbo inlet

White joiners on upper rad pipe

Black lower rad pipe

White heater hoses

White brake booster pipes

BOVS though I'm a little stuck with. I'm going for 2 Tial 50mm BOVS and don't know what colour tops to get. I thought either white or polished to go with the engine bay then I thought purple to match the cam pulleys.

Anyone got any thoughts.

Black and all black silicone hoses against the white would look spot on

Looks great mate. The interior looks lovely. Steering wheel is very, very nice.

Do you need all those gauges if you've got the Dash 2?

Can never have enough gauges Matt lol. I like to know what's going on under the bonnet.

what is the name of the gauges? very nice supra

There Defi BF series mate.

also white silicon hoses will be a pain to try and keep white

Engine degreaser works a treat on all collies of silicon hose.

Hopefully I'll get it fired up in October when I'm off work for 2 weeks. I'm Gona start it up on a stock ECU just to make sure there's no leaks etc and to get the engine bled off.

I havnt bought my ecu yet I'm leaving it closer to the time but there's a lot more work to be done before I even think about firing it up.