hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

It's all just tedious little jobs at the min mate.

I've done the loom and it's in, I just need to feed it through the bulkhead which I'm gona do tomorrow.

I'm on a quest for a 6 speed diff pumpkin/casing as Jamie.P has donated a LSD for the cause. Thanks a lot matey I owe YOU a sprite now lol.

It's all just tedious little jobs at the min mate.

I've done the loom and it's in, I just need to feed it through the bulkhead which I'm gona do tomorrow.

I'm on a quest for a 6 speed diff pumpkin/casing as Jamie.P has donated a LSD for the cause. Thanks a lot matey I owe YOU a sprite now lol.

he is a good man that mr.P, be good to have a chat at pod mate. see you in a couple of weeks.

he is a good man that mr.P, be good to have a chat at pod mate. see you in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to it mate.

put the tedious stuff up too, thats normally the interesting stuff and where the dedication is shown, keep up the amazing work!

I'll try n get a bit of a picture feat up over the weekend mate.

Early start this mornings 5am as soon as i got in from work.

I started with the purge lines, connecting them to the solnoid and running them over the inner arch to the TRD side vents.

Next I gave the intercooler end tanks and the spray bar a once over to get them all shiney again.

After having the front inner bumper painted ive added some black mesh instead of the usual silver which comes with the kit.

The next thing was to feed the solnoid feed line through the inner bumper and fit the inner bumper to the car. Big thanks to KevA for the paintwork again.

Refitted the front bumper and lights.

This showed up in the post the other day. Resistor pack from our very own heckler. Awesome workmanship on this bit of kit cheers dude much appreciated.

The can of monster in the background was because by this time I was flagging a bit and my body was telling me i needed to sleep, but so much to do and so little time lol.

Next was to feed the loom through the bulkhead. This was done by the push wiggle method. This entailed pushing the plugs through the hole, getting inside the car grabbing the plugs and wiggling them through. Took about an hour, making sure I didnt damage any of the wiring id soldered.

All the wires were extended on the intake side so I could run them all inder the plenum so when everything was connected up nothing was visable. Think ive done a pretty cool job of it.

still need to sort all the turbo side wiring out. and need to cover the intake wiring with some conduit.

still doesnt look too bad even though things are starting to get a little cluttered lol.

Next was to fit new battery clamps and seems ive connected some of the muntiplugs in the passanger footwell i thought I best get the ignition on just to make sure it was all good.

There was no smoke and no fires at all. I must be getting good at this lol.

stunning job your doing!! wish i had the knowledge to do this!!

A lot of it just a case of having a go and being thourgh and meticulous and baking sure everything is tight n tidy before you move on to the next bit.

im not one to shy away from having a go. i do my best at makin things look perfect. bit of a perfectionist. just dont have much knowledge with car mechanics,although i would like to learn. just takin your time is best policy i guess. brilliant job.

top work and a good update john, i just noticed your lower runners painted white thats a nice touch mate.

nice to see the monster energy is getting a hammering too, im on one now.... got a busy day polishing my engine bay up

Make sure it's nice and shiney for next year Mitchell cos I recon you'll have a little friendly competition lol.

Make sure it's nice and shiney for next year Mitchell cos I recon you'll have a little friendly competition lol.

i have no chance mate and im happy to lose the trophys to your build mate, such a lovely looking engine bay... its not the huge turbo but the attention to detail i admire john top work :)

but its not finished so........ :tongue: see you soon dude :D

Been having a bit of a scout on SF over the last couple of days looking at the project cars and builds.

There's a guy on there by the username of TROLL who's built a pretty amazing supra. I've been reading that he has removed his pas idle stabilizer. He did this due to the plenum and TB he fitted not having nipples for the pipes. After removing it he hasn't experienced and irratic revs or stalling. So in the interest of engine clean up thought I'd give it a go. I'll screw cut a blocking off bolt for it at work tomorrow and stick some pics up of it removed later on when I get in from the gym.

Also tomorrow I'm going to see about done stainless tube so I can make the wastegate pipe for the manifold. I've got to order a couple of v-bands too, 1 for the wastegate to manifold and 1 for the screamer pipe.

Ive done a few jobs small time consuming jobs on the car tonight. All stuff ive been trying to put off really.

firstly ive fitted all the vacum lines from the plenum to the relavent places. Only 1 left on that side which is a -3an fitting for the BOV. Im going to use 2 x 50mm Tial BOVs 1 turbo side and 1 plenum side. Aint bought them yet but thats the plan.

Next ive sorted out some of the untidy parts of the loom removing the tape and adding new conduit and new tape.

Igniter pack is also fitted under the plenum and wired up.

Removed PAS idle stabilizer. and fitted a bolt in its place to stop any air leaks. All in the interest of a tidy engine bay of course.

If its a bad idea i can easerly refit it.

Sorted the oil feed fitting for the turbo at work the other day too.

I turned a nut M12 x 1.25 and drilled a hole right down the middle and then fitting 1/8 NPT thread in the top as so I can get a -4an fitting in for the oil feed pipe.

Next came the Turbo intercooler pipework.

Now this was proving to be a right ball ache. due to the size of the turbo im very limited to how much room I havefor intercooler pipes. So heres the plan.

Ive cut off the v-band from the turbo to give a little more clearence. Then ive chopped up some 3 inch intercooler piping I had in the shed to fit the end of the turbo perfectly to angle down between the PAS rack and the front antiroll bar. My plan is to get the pipe welded onto the turbo and go from there.

As you can see theres not a lot of room for the water pipe either so im going to remove the pipe thats on which is from a TT and fit a pipe from an N/A which is much smaller and leaves enough room for the hose to reach the rad.