Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

by the sounds of the comments ive played a blinder removing that tooth lol.

Yup. All the ones I've seen with the tooth removed look way better than with the silly "can-opener" tooth.

Maybe if you leave it under your pillow you'll get some nice spares from the tooth-fairy!

Little update today.

Ive removed the IC v-band from the turbo compressor housing as there id no room to fit an IC pipe. Im gona weld a 90 degree bend onto the comrpessor housing and them re-attach the v-band.

Iv e also spend about 65 hours removing most of the piting from the housing so i can polish it noce and shiney.

Friday night I spend a few hours on the car also.

I replaced the clutch resvior with a brand new toyota 1 as i didnt like the yellowing and didnt go with the white engine bay. Yes I know its anal but there you go lmao.

I decided to carbon wrap the centre blade of the front TRD bumper too. This proved to be a bit of a nightmare but got it to go on totally smooth without any buddles with the help of Bossco and the wifes pink hairdryer.

im having the inner bumper painted black so the whole mouth is dark apart from the shiney intercooler n pipework. Ive got new black mesh too. Should look like the intercooler is floating in the black.

i wasnt sure how it was gona turn out n didnt want it painted only to have to take the vinyl off again risking damaging the pain. Also if the vinyl wouldnt go on right i was gona carbon overlay it which again would have damaged the paintwork with the masking tape and clearcoat. If you know what i mean.

i wasnt sure how it was gona turn out n didnt want it painted only to have to take the vinyl off again risking damaging the pain. Also if the vinyl wouldnt go on right i was gona carbon overlay it which again would have damaged the paintwork with the masking tape and clearcoat. If you know what i mean.

yeah i know what you mean, good idea john. looks good imo

You've chosen the best floor tile colours to go with the kitchen.

A great match if I may say so John;)

I'm getting older mate so houses come before cars these days:D

I layed it myself Andrew, even with some underfloor heating too;)

Thanks for noticing buddy:p

I done quite a bit work on the car over the last few days but looks like ive done absolutely nothing, but I suppose thats how projects like this go from time to time. ;)

The front inner bumper has gone off to KevA to be painted gloss black. heres my fav picture of the car just before i stripped the front end down to be painted.

yeasterday ive polished a new alternator and fitted a lightened pulley.

Ive sorted the washer tank in the boot also.

Spent today doing a spot of bodywork.

Ive, filled, smoothed and put a little paint on (had no primer left) the front and rear panel sidelight holes, rear washer jet and rear wiper holes. Very happy with the results. I painted it just to see if there was any inperfections in the filler i.e high/low spots or cracks etc that i couldnt feel but all seems good. All this bodywork milarky isnt as hard as I thought. You never know I might get the bottle to paint the car too lmao.

Wiper hole

Washer jet

sidelight holes

Now you see it now you dont lol.

Rolling along nicely.

Its a personal thing I know, but I reckon the front would tie together nicer if the intercooler silicon hose was black rather than blue. Still looks great though.

Those are just what came with the IC ed i havnt got a far as sorting the hose yet. Its either gona be black, white or blue.