hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheers guys.

Jamesy i dont think they would fit dude. They stick out about 30mm from the stock bodywork. Ive just bought some hubcentric 15mm spacers but got a feeling there gona be way too much. At the min ive got some 10mm spacers on and by the looks of it all the arch lip on the trd rear panels is gona have to come off for clearence aswell as raising the car a bit, but just a bit lol.

Its a shame u can get 10mm huncentric spacers mate. On a car like yours i wouldnt fancy the slide on spacers with longer studs.

Hooefully the 15mm ones will make it look nice and aggressive without causing rubbing isssues :)

Yet again another late night for me last night.

I wanted to get the inner bumper modified and the middle toothe removed from the front bumper ready to filler it today.

Firstly, we had to push the car out the garage for a little room as I couldnt grind the bumper at 1AM outside. I think grinding in the garage at this time is taking the p#ss enough lol.

heres a couple of ass shots with the rear bumper final fitted.

So to the tooth.

There was a little story behind the fibreglassing last night which I still find myself chuckling about this morning lol.

I mixed up the resin and hardner for the inner bumper, fibreglass matted it all, and all went fine. I was very happy with the results. I put the inner bumper outside to dry as it was a very warm night and came back in to cut the centre tooth from the front bumper. I picked the grinder up and was just about to start cutting when Bossco saiid "whats that cracking noise". it sounded like an electrical fault. Looking around the garage at the plugs etc but couldnt find anything wrong. This is when Bossco noticed the fibreglass resin was bubbling and starting to smoke. "WTF" The plastic beaker was starting to melt. Quickly I grabbed the to breaker as Bossco opened the garage door and i took it round the side of the house. By this time it was throwing that much smoke out it looed like something from doctor jekil and mr. hyde. I threw it in the soil and tipped a bucket of cold water on it. E\ven 2 hours later it was still stinking. Not smoking but stinking. narrow escape there guys and girls.

So moral of the story id "dont add to much hardner". On the up side the fibreglass i layed on the bumper was hard in about 10 mins lol.

anyways back to the pics.

This is how it started.

Off with the tooth.

i then ground the raised edges back, laid some masking tape over the hole and fibreglassed the back. i waited until the fibreglass was going tacky and was nearly dry before i removed the tape so it didnt get stuck.

Finally the bumper was fitted to make sure it all lined up correctly. its all got to come back off today though to filler it.

I had no shots of it fitted as it was way too dark seems we finished it at just before 3am but ill get some daylight shots later on.

Well i tried my hand at some bodywork last night.

I wanted to get the front tooth removal blended in aswell as filling in the parts on the inner bumper ive modded.

Firstly heres a couple of pics of the other day once id removed the tooth and fibreglassed under it for a base for the filler.

Couple of BIG ASS shots

I also raised the suspension at the rear by an inch yesterday just to flattern the car out, as the front was much much higher that the rear. it also gives me more scope for the "SQUAT" factor on hard pulls:eyebrows:

Ive removed most of the arch lip on the rear of the kit just to make sure that under load the wheels dont kit arch at all.

Ok now onto the bumper. Im really happy with the results with this. lots of filling and even more sanding and a little bit more sanding, oh and a bit of sanding, then I chucked a little white paint on it just to make sure I had smoothed it all off and the contours were all right and there you go. it took about 3hrs all in total to do the front and the inner bumper but well worth the time and effort when I saw the end results.

Much better without the tooth bud :)

Certainly does Jay. Pics dont do it justice really

looks mint

Cheers Jurgen.

I recon im gona have a go at blending in the rear arches myselt too. Whats the worst that can happen. It ends up uneven and the body shop have to smooth it down for me. Its worth a go just to gain the experience really.

Looking Good John :thumbs: Really coming together now

Long long way to go yet Fitz but its moved on so much since i started stripping it in i think January it was.

Looking really good, please tell me you are keeping it white (sorry not looked through all 94 pages)

YUP its staying white. I purposely bought a white Aerotop so I didnt have to mess around with a colour change. Apparantlywhite Aerotops are like rockhorse shizzle but funny enough as soon as I started looking for 1 this popped right up there for sale at a great price.

Looks ace and cant believe how much better it looks smoothe without the tooth

I was very suprised myself if im totally honest. I was in 2 minds wether to leave it alone or not. the thought of cutting up such an expensive kit was daunting to say the least. Thank god ive managed to pull it off lol.

I was very suprised myself if im totally honest. I was in 2 minds wether to leave it alone or not. the thought of cutting up such an expensive kit was daunting to say the least. Thank god ive managed to pull it off lol.

I know what you mean i had to cut some of my autoshine diffuser yesterday when fitting it around the exhaust. Just didn't feel right lol

More very impresive work, don't know where you find the time!

Late nights early mornings kevin. The last few weeks ive worked on it til around 3am friday and saturday night. Im starting to get frowned upon by the neighbours but what can you do;)

love it mate :D

Cheers jamesy.

I know what you mean i had to cut some of my autoshine diffuser yesterday when fitting it around the exhaust. Just didn't feel right lol

Yeah that really did feel wrong.. But at least you have a nice little carbon key ring now :D

And the project is just getting better and better hodge, really like the front de-toothed! Great decision there. :thumbs: