hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Hodge,

Just spent a fair few hours going from start to finish on this thread and as so many have said already, WOW! ;)

Project looks amazing and your attention to detail is second to none mate! Great work!!! :thumbs:

You obviously have some real talent for this kind of thing but what you also have is patience as I personally couldn't do something like this and have to wait to get it finished for so long!!!! :innocent:

This is going to be one of the nicest Supra's in the club if not the world mate and I hope you get the rest of the money and jobs done soon so you can start enjoying the fruits of your labour!! :D

Just stunning!

Pete :)

Hi Hodge,

Just spent a fair few hours going from start to finish on this thread and as so many have said already, WOW! ;)

Project looks amazing and your attention to detail is second to none mate! Great work!!! :thumbs:

You obviously have some real talent for this kind of thing but what you also have is patience as I personally couldn't do something like this and have to wait to get it finished for so long!!!! :innocent:

This is going to be one of the nicest Supra's in the club if not the world mate and I hope you get the rest of the money and jobs done soon so you can start enjoying the fruits of your labour!! :D

Just stunning!

Pete :)

Thanks very much perter I appreciate that mate.

44mm Tail Wastegate arrived yesterday from JP direct from his extensive parts shed.

1 of the vacum ports had been cross threaded so that had to be repared before i did anything else with it. SOOOOOOOOOOO, I stripped the Wastegate down totally, ran a small file over the top of the threads and re-tapped it 1/8 NPT. I had to tap it to top tollerance due to the fact that the 1st few threads were totally wazzed be never the less after it was tapped the -3AN fitting went in a dream and locked tight at the bottom of the thread. ill build it all back up today after work and give it a good clean. Ill take some stripped down shots of the wastegate and more as re-assemble it again just to give you some idea into how they all work.

Also yeasterday I sorted the wiring to relocate the washer tank in the boot. Ive got a very nice polished tank for the spare wheel well (or somewhere like that, I havnt decided yet).

Ive attached all the power cables up throught the rear seat install into the fuse holders and back to the batteries. I just have to get some negitave battery terminals and were good to go on the electrics side.

Pipework is all in from the NOS bottle for the IC spray and purge kit.

Ive got friends stopping over at the weekend so cant see me getting anything done then really. A bit bloody inconsiderate of them really lol.

Im starting to find little niggly jobs are starting to mount up. I think im going to have to stick a list up on the garage wall as so I dont forget to do any of them.

Hopefully theyll be a bit of a picture frenzy tonight.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

Im starting to find little niggly jobs are starting to mount up. I think im going to have to stick a list up on the garage wall as so I dont forget to do any of them.

Good work Hodge, keep up the good work. :thumbs:

I find lists like that a great help. When things are put in a list it's even easier to conciously prioritise them to keep things moving smoothly.

decided who is painting the car yet dude? or you still getting quotes?

I think im gona use the same bodyshop who painted my blue supra..

I was considering another who were well recomended but decided against it.

Time for an update I think.

I had a few pics already to upload the other day but the missus has very kindly dropped the camera and bust it so were back to the crappy phone quality pics again lol Sorry Guys.

WELL, i came home from work half day today so I could crack on with the car.

Ive got my rear foglights all done. I wanted to have, instead of 2 rear sidelights each side, 1 side and 1 fog so ive rewired them to suit. Quick 10 min job really. I cant for the life of me understand why people/importers screw an ugly foglight to the rear bumper when this looks stock.

next job was to fibreglass the holes in the TRD rear quarters where the facelift sidelights went. it was baking hot today so it only took about 10 mins for the fibreglas to dry.

After this was dry I wanted to get the drivers side rear arch permently fitted, so out came the Sikaflex and pop rivet gun.

Went on like a dream all the lines were sopt on. I attached the rear bumper and skirt and started pop riveting the rear quarter on.

The dark patches on the top of the rear panel is unfortunatly Duck tape. When I test fitted the kit, it was red hot and the glue on the tape wouldnt come off the car.

Eventually ive got it all off the car body but I still need to get all of it off the fibreglass rar quarter. Thats gona be a right trdious job thats for sure.

LInes are looking good.

Just to make sure there are no movement issues ive sikaflexed the inside of theTRD arch where it meets the bodywork. I tidies the underneath up and makes everything alot more tight.

I recon im going to stick a set of 10mm spacers behind the rear wheels just to see what they look like with the 12" wheels, just to pull the wheels out a little.

More to come soom I hope.;)

wow the rear quarters look mean as hell mate :)

looks more than enough room for another 10mm mate....

Ive had my vernier in and I recon 10mm will be more than enough. The edge of the tyre will just stick out a little which is what I like.

Very really coming on well.

Thank you Ricky.

what colour you going for hodge ?

and the car is looking great too

Staying white Steve. I love white cars they look the nuts when there clean.

Lookin good John; if you find out the correct offset of the TRD body let me know, interesting to compare to what other TRD bodies are running ;)

ndwgolf member on here runs this offset

Front Wheel Weds Kranze Borphes SMB 19 x 9.5 + 28

Rear Wheel Weds Kranze Borphes SMB 19 x 10.5 + 16

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1013

Guest damo1

hodge, this car build is fantastic bud cant wait to see it finished mate when its done do a video of it running mate..

also how did you do the side vents in the wing?