The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

Quite a bit been done since my last instalment.

I spend quite a lot of time just doing small little fiddly bits but its paying off thats for sure.

Firstly ive fitted the new rear number plate bracket which comes with the TRD kit. This is needed because a TRD kit's front bumper doesnt pertrude as much as a stock item so the bracket is required to be smaller.

Fuel lines fitted.

Next, due to the turbo being so big the bonnet wouldnt shut, so the manifold needed a bit of love.

I cut off the flange ground around 10mm of the pipework and had the flange welded back on. And hey presto bonnet shuts.

I also took off the wastegate tube so I can relocate it to a lower position as i dont want the wastegate showing. Once I get a wastegate ill get the pipe welded in the apropriate place.

Now comes the Oil cooler and PAS cooler.

These came today at about 3.30pm, so it was an almighty dash down to my local hydrolics company to get the lines made up so I could get them fitted tonight.

I bought a 10 row PAS cooler and a 25 row oil cooler.

-8an fittings on the PAS cooler

-10an fittings on the oil cooler

Sizing up where there gona go.

Braided lines for the oil cooler and hydrolic piping for the PAS cooler.

next I got the Greddy 4 row in and lined up.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well were now 1 step closer to the end as I now have a wastegate on the way as donated my JamieP. Cheers buddy.

So now once I get that and the St/St v-band I can get it all bolted together and start looking into an exhaust.

You don't hang around with getting stuff fitted hodge!! Looking great and I'm very jealous although not at the work you've had to put in but i'm sure it will be all worth it in the end!!

Well lets hope so mate;)

Great build and looks superb but is it such a good idea putting the coolers infront of the radiator.

Ive fitted loads of oil coolers/PAS coolers and trans coolers to Supras and never had a problem yet mate.

Well guys things have developed today for good and for bad.

My full braided clutch line arrived today (thanks to Dude for the help with that) so I got straight on fitting it. The clutch bled off no problems. Unfortunatly it lasted about 10 mins and I lostcthe pedal again. It turns out that the seal between the res and the master cylinder is leaking so I'm gona have to order a new 1 or maybe make an updated part which seals it tighter.

On the up side. Whilst sitting in the car totally fekked off about the clutch fluid leak I decided to go for gold and connect the battery, preying that I hadn't wired any of the fusebox in wrong. Totally papping myself I connected the battery and every light up like a dream, all lights work even my alarm is still grafting. I've disconnected the batteries so I can charge them over night but fingers crossed tomorrow alls going to be good.

Nice one on the electrics, shame about the clutch.

However, if you can wait a few weeks, don't order a new master cylinder just yet. I have a brand new one which may be for sale. I just need to get my clutch fully sorted before I get shot of it. I'll let you have it cheaper than Mr T if you like. Just a thought, in case you're not in a hurry to get this job done?

Nice one on the electrics, shame about the clutch.

However, if you can wait a few weeks, don't order a new master cylinder just yet. I have a brand new one which may be for sale. I just need to get my clutch fully sorted before I get shot of it. I'll let you have it cheaper than Mr T if you like. Just a thought, in case you're not in a hurry to get this job done?

I dont need the master cylinder Ed just the seal that sits in the top that the resevoir sits in. i imagine its only a few pence from Mr.T.

:thumbs: Did you have a fire extinguisher handy??

Nope i just put my trust in thinking i knew what i was doing when i put the fusebox in the glovebox. Its all about confidence in my work. But for the record i was shitting myself as i turned the key.