Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Getting the engine ready for fitting tomorrow.

I took the engine off the stand onto the crane so I could fit the flywheel and clutch.

Strupped the clutch down cleaned it ready to go on.

Flywheel

clutch fitted

The box bolted to the engine.

Slave cylinder fitted with -3an fitting for braided clutch lines.

Started fitted.

bubble wrapped the engine as not to damage it as it goes in.

More pics tomorrow as it goes in.

John mate, it's all looking brilliant so far :cool: I'll be intently watching this thread tomorrow for updates with the engine in.

Bet you'll be off to sleep early tonight eh? :)

Well funny you should say that mate, cos im waiting for a pizza arriving, were gona scran that and then off to bed probs. Early start tomorrow.

Guest damo1

i got my dates mixed up i thought it was yesterday that hodge was fitting it in the bay..hope that wen you start it up i runs perfect mate with no probs, just read the thread with the MR2 that was some nice engineering until it died....

fingers crossed for you.....hodge mate!

OK guys and girls, well shes in and look totally amazing.

Before I post the pics id like to say a MASSIVE thanks to those who helped me get the engine and box in the car, I couldnt have done it without you THANKS VERY VERY MUCH.

Myself and bossco spent about 4 hours last night getting the engine and box ready to be put in today.

9am this morning Bossco came back over the start with the car, stripping the front end down ready for the engine.

Jevansio and kennyG showed up and in it went.

Once the engine was in Jay sloped off to the pub to get lashed leaving us to crack on.

It was a bit of a full house by dinner time as Robocar, Samauri inferdel and Supra stevo and his missus showed up to spectate for a while then buggered of leaving us to crack on yet again lol.I would like to also say a big thanks to my son Reece for stepping upto the plate and help lower the engine in when people hadnt turned up in time. To Bloke thanks son.

We worked til 6pm and called it a day.

Ill let the pics do the talking. Ive taken loads so ill have to do this in 2 hits.

ENJOY.

More to follow shortly...........

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

Just had a quick look through this thread for the first time and the engine bay is looking neat as. The whole project itself looks amazing and looks like you are doing a great job!

:) Keep the work up! :) I'm excited to the see the end result. :D

Engine bay looks stunning mate, This will be one of the best supras about when you have finished:cool:

Whats going on with the rear arches? have you have to flare them out some more?

Those are the stock rear arches jamie, ive flared them out to take the 12" rears. I decided to totally underseal them just for a little extra protection really. Ill be fitting the TRD rear arch panels soon.

Those are the stock rear arches jamie, ive flared them out to take the 12" rears. I decided to totally underseal them just for a little extra protection really. Ill be fitting the TRD rear arch panels soon.

Ahh got ya, good move.:)