Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its gona be more like crapping myself incase anything get damaged as its going in. Im not a huge fan of engine cranes anyway so over 10k work of engine n box hanging from it isnt my idea of fun lol.

Not happy with the turbo blanket i have on the turbo I decided id try my hand at making a heatshield to fit instead.

The compressor housing has 3 small pads on it with 5mm holes in them, for what reason is beyond me, but I thought id uterlise them and tap the holes out to an M6 thread.

this made a good base for mounting the heatshield. ive got quite a bit of mirror stainless steel sheeting in the loft in the garage I was given for doing some work for someone so decided that would be the stuff to use. I cut a piece 20 inches long and sized it up against the turbo. Perfect fit. The holes were marked out where I had to drill it, and in with the drill. I bolted it onto the turbo whilst it was on the engine just for visual effect really and positioning, just before I started stripping the anciliries off the engine so its all ready to be put in the car.

Couple of pics of it fitted. Bare in mind it has to be altered sliightly just to get its position correct in relevence to the compressor housing.

Not happy with the turbo blanket i have on the turbo I decided id try my hand at making a heatshield to fit instead.

The compressor housing has 3 small pads on it with 5mm holes in them, for what reason is beyond me, but I thought id uterlise them and tap the holes out to an M6 thread.

this made a good base for mounting the heatshield. ive got quite a bit of mirror stainless steel sheeting in the loft in the garage I was given for doing some work for someone so decided that would be the stuff to use. I cut a piece 20 inches long and sized it up against the turbo. Perfect fit. The holes were marked out where I had to drill it, and in with the drill. I bolted it onto the turbo whilst it was on the engine just for visual effect really and positioning, just before I started stripping the anciliries off the engine so its all ready to be put in the car.

Couple of pics of it fitted. Bare in mind it has to be altered sliightly just to get its position correct in relevence to the compressor housing.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/014-20.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/015-15.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/016-15.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/017-15.jpg

I thought 1st pic was a spoof at first. :D Looked huge.

Work looks outstanding Hodge and I agree, having 10k hanging on a £200 engine crane would give me the shakes too.

I thought the blanket looked good, yet again you proved me wrong that looks brilliant john. well done you dirty faced polishing mo fo

shumon heeee heeeee

Its certainly in keeping with the rest of the engine "apperance" :)

Yeah I thought it would be better to tie in with the rest of the bay. I wasn't sure when I started it but I'm really happy with the results.

Yeah I thought it would be better to tie in with the rest of the bay. I wasn't sure when I started it but I'm really happy with the results.

Better this way mate, at least its in keeping with the rest - better than just chucking a blanket over it.

That looks quality mate. It's like those hole existing holes were meant for that sort of thing! Having said that, there may actually be an accessory that its designed to fit in there; surely there's a reason for them in the first place :search:

Got a link to that dude?? Is it a 76mm inducer??? Seems physically very large for a 76mm inducer.

GT42's are big boned Dude. There's only a gnats pube between the compressor housing and shock turret depending on what manifold you use.

You don't want to here it run as much as I do mate trust me.

To get it running I still need the following

engine bay loom

wastegate

downpipe

midpipe

solaris

solaris map sensor

boost solnoid

plug n play harness

oil cooler

pas cooler

and the list goes on lol.