The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

Don't know now what torque they rated it at. It was new out at the time so I had quite an argument with HKS Europe over it. They then removed the bhp and torque ratings from their website

I thought all clutches were torque rated. Guess not.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like I say, it was so long ago I can't remember what the HKS was rated at. It should've been enough for what I needed but slipped like a bugger. It had a great feel to it and was real easy to use round town though. I put the rps twin in after because I knew that would be fine but it does snatch a lot. It surprises me the triple is more user friendly but I'm definitely considering changing it now after reading this.

Great build btw, the attention to detail is outstanding!

Like I say, it was so long ago I can't remember what the HKS was rated at. It should've been enough for what I needed but slipped like a bugger. It had a great feel to it and was real easy to use round town though. I put the rps twin in after because I knew that would be fine but it does snatch a lot. It surprises me the triple is more user friendly but I'm definitely considering changing it now after reading this.

Great build btw, the attention to detail is outstanding!

Thanks mate.

Finally someone else who just likes pre-facelift headlights!! and its my great forum friend/agony aunt. Car looks Evil dude! love it!!!!

All the best cars have them ;)

Pre facelift lights FTW! and I have plastic ones. and everyone asks "how much we're your glass headlights" losers

Plastic lights are lighter too (pardon the pun lol)

It was good to see it in the flesh on sunday mate, it is truly stunning! And Bossco sorry for keep calling you Kenny, my head was up my arse as it was too early :p

Thanks John.

Had a good chat with Ryan tonight, with a few concerns.

Mainly I was worried about my clutch holding power. Ryan tell me, if the clutch is rated to 765 ft/lb, that equates to around 1140hp (I think), so as long as it does what it says on the tin then it's all good in the hood.

Ryan has also offered to sell me his 1150cc Ansu injectors from his GTR for a very good price, so I'll have more than enough fuel for the power. Getting really excited now.

Mainly I was worried about my clutch holding power. Ryan tell me, if the clutch is rated to 765 ft/lb, that equates to around 1140hp (I think), so as long as it does what it says on the tin then it's all good in the hood.

Ryan has also offered to sell me his 1150cc Ansu injectors from his GTR for a very good price, so I'll have more than enough fuel for the power. Getting really excited now.

Buzzing! :D

Hell Yes! exciting times ahead for you John

Wow John, can't wait to see mapping results now, this should be good :D

Your setup is massive. I expect high figures at medium boost only.

P.S. Don't forget to ask Ryan for the tunnel map :D

Well like I said, lets hope the clutch holds out. The turbo kit I have is from Darrets car and made 968whp at only 1.6 bar, but this was on a 3.4 ltr.

Just working out the injector duty on your car Luc, and if you work on 1cc per horse power at 79% duty you should have made about 869hp. But then again if you take off 15% (aprox figure) you get 738.65 which isn't far away really.