Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any plans to upgrade the clutch and unleash its full potential?

Yes, but I'm doing bit in 2 stages, it just makes sense really. I think that clutch will hold 800-900hp easily that's enough for any man. But Dude has offered to lend me a triple plate to max the car out.

Yes, but I'm doing bit in 2 stages, it just makes sense really. I think that clutch will hold 800-900hp easily that's enough for any man. But Dude has offered to lend me a triple plate to max the car out.

I'm sure it won't take long till you go triple carbon ;)

Guest falcontechs

oh my GOD!!!

i'm new to this forum, i even still have to introduce myself, and i am going to.

but damn, i started this early morning with watching this project from page 1.

now i'm finally done, and ow my god, i love it

Hodge, you have a BEAUTY!!!!!!!

i just fell in love with your precious ride!

RESPECT!!!

oh my GOD!!!

i'm new to this forum, i even still have to introduce myself, and i am going to.

but damn, i started this early morning with watching this project from page 1.

now i'm finally done, and ow my god, i love it

Hodge, you have a BEAUTY!!!!!!!

i just fell in love with your precious ride!

RESPECT!!!

Thanks buddy :)

- - - Updated - - -

MOT passed.

BOOOOOOOOOM

Sounds like a logical approach, im definitely looking forward to seeing the results John! :thumbs:

Cheers guys. I'm not taxing it until Saturday so I don't lose out on a month but I really can't wait. Loved the drive to the MOT centre even if it was just down the road. I never revved it over 3K which I'll continue to do for a couple of hundred mile yet. After that I'll go to 4K. Saturday can't come quick enough. It's ment to be nice weather too, so I'll be up early and our for a blast :D

No idea when mapping is as yet. I want to make sure all is good with the car before I commit to a day.

I've had the car out for ages today doing a bit of running in. I forgot how many people just stop whatever there doing and watch you go past. I even had cars pull over so they could see what was behind them. I'm taking her to work tomorrow and then back hope for an oil and filter change. I've noticed I've got a small weep from the oil sandwich plate which needs addressing, but all in all the whole car runs and drives beautifully.

What I have noticed is, I replaced my defi EGT probe for 1 I got from eBay and it now ready really high. I don't think it was a genuine probe, so I've got a hunch it's not calibrated correctly to the gauge. Think I'll buy another genuine one and swap it out.

Nice one John, we need pictures of the car mate :cool:

My son is coming out with me later on today hopefully to take some decent pictures, all being well (with a decent camera too lol).

Was enjoying the drive too much yesterday to stop and take any pics haha.

Looking forward to the pics! :woot:

Didn't get out today. A member on here had his engine taken out to have his car painted and when it was put back in, it wouldn't run right. I've been working on it all day today for him. I'm hoping to get it all finished for him by the weekend.

Found the oil leak. It was the oil seal on my sandwich plate had gone hard and split. I've ordered a new one and was told it would be here on Wednesday at the latest so hopefully back on the road by Friday.

Sandwich plate came today. Oil leak is now all sorted. Took her to work tonight and it drives like a stock car with an uprated clutch off boost. I think I've actually nailed what I tried to do with it. Couple of little rattles I want to sort but no big deal at all. Putting some more miles on it over the weekend then I best off give Ryan a buzz, for a mapping session.

Dan Sherwood (Jap performance editor) has been in touch today too wanting to do another feature on the car too. I'm over the moon with that :D

Sandwich plate came today. Oil leak is now all sorted. Took her to work tonight and it drives like a stock car with an uprated clutch off boost. I think I've actually nailed what I tried to do with it. Couple of little rattles I want to sort but no big deal at all. Putting some more miles on it over the weekend then I best off give Ryan a buzz, for a mapping session.

Dan Sherwood (Jap performance editor) has been in touch today too wanting to do another feature on the car too. I'm over the moon with that :D

Well done John :)

You've put everything into this and it is an amazing machine. Congratulations on the new mag shoot, too :)