Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just measure the resistance across the cam sensor connectors at the ecu plug, and compare with the sensor itself, on the engine, or a spare one. You can just run a separate cable to the cam sensor and back to the ecu (screened). If you are on a mission I am bound to have some I can send you.

Just measure the resistance across the cam sensor connectors at the ecu plug, and compare with the sensor itself, on the engine, or a spare one. You can just run a separate cable to the cam sensor and back to the ecu (screened). If you are on a mission I am bound to have some I can send you.

That's the plan of attack Chris's.

it does make sense though, I've a feeling 1 of my connections I soldered have came loose or fractured. Ryan confirmed that the pumps will still run if the signal from the cam sensor is corrupt but it stops the pump if its the crank sensor.

you can just do the same for every wire you suspect to be bad , unplug put meter one end put meter the other set to ohms and see what you get , if the leads are not long enough put one end to earth and then put the meter on the other end and then the other end of the meter to earth as well and see what you get. i bet you already know that but just making sure

you can just do the same for every wire you suspect to be bad , unplug put meter one end put meter the other set to ohms and see what you get , if the leads are not long enough put one end to earth and then put the meter on the other end and then the other end of the meter to earth as well and see what you get. i bet you already know that but just making sure

Yeah thanks bud. I'm going to have a look at it tomorrow so fingers crossed I get it nailed with little trouble.

I'll update tomorrow if I'm not in the huff that I couldn't get it going haha.

Sweet great news , hope it was not that much of a pig to find :thumbs:

Believe it or not I just stumbled across it. I plugged the laptop in and noticed the TPS1 signal on Scal was at 90% which is 90% throttle open. No matter if I pushed the pedal, the position didn't change. So another quick email to Ryan and he explained that if the Syvecs thinks the throttle is at 90% it won't put any fuel it because it has a built in anti-flood strategy.

I dug the wire out, a quick temporary fix and she fired straight up.

Congrats John.

Ryan is a top bloke .. he quickly passes by next Tuesday to road map my Supra, so I can run it in properly before dyno mapping. :)

I'm just using my old map to run it in. The AFRs were perfect on fire up and when it was running. I'll keep it to below 4K and all should be good.

I'll tidied up all the wiring now, replaced the damaged TPS wire and now everything is tucked away neatly under the ECU cover. I'm off out for a drink with the lads tonight so tomorrow afternoon I've got another couple of very quick jobs to do and then she's almost ready for the road.

I'll tidied up all the wiring now, replaced the damaged TPS wire and now everything is tucked away neatly under the ECU cover. I'm off out for a drink with the lads tonight so tomorrow afternoon I've got another couple of very quick jobs to do and then she's almost ready for the road.

:eyebrows: Yeah baby! :clap: Can't wait to see all of the "she's finished" pics and all of the following magazine features. :)

Nice to see everything's come together now, well done mate :thumbs:

:eyebrows: Yeah baby! :clap: Can't wait to see all of the "she's finished" pics and all of the following magazine features. :)

Thanks guys. :)

Well I was all intending going out and doing a little work on her today, but unfortunately I've just crawled out of bed after a very good night out in Newcastle.

After 2 bottles of champagne and stupid amounts of cocktails, I was pretty much Ill this morning so the garage door is staying shut.

I'm just using my old map to run it in. The AFRs were perfect on fire up and when it was running. I'll keep it to below 4K and all should be good.

Mine runs quite unstable...2000cc injectors replaced 850, Syvec ecu replaces AEM, 280cams instead of 264.

During run in, the revs needs to be pushed progressively up.

Ryan will check to make sure everthing is OK.

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)