The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

This is by far my favourite car on the club John. Excellent work and glad to see the minor set back hasn't made you lose the love.

Can't wait to see this finished!:)

Lose the love, ME, never. I'm rocking on a cornflake here. As soon as I drop Mrs.H off in town for a hen do, I'm in there like swimwear.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent!:) glad to hear it mate!

I'd love to swing by an take a look next time I'm up at our Newton Aycliffe Plant if that's cool with you?

Call anytime Josh, just drop me a line when your around and I'll make sure I'm in.

Good news John.

How are the engine works goin on?

Going really well. If tonight's escapades all go to plan, I won't be far off fire up. Still need to make a midpipe but apart from that, it's just small bits to tidy up.

Need to speak to Chris Wilson about what run in oil he recommends me to use for start up etc etc, but I'll buzz him next week.

Small update.

I've removed the alcantara from the gauge pod, as I thought it looked out of place and untidy. I flattened it back had had it painted in a nice gloss black.

Built up my clutch release bearing and hub into the pressure plate.

This snap ti g was a total tw4t to get on.

Top rad hose is finished now.

Test fit

A small setback Dave that's all, just got me down a little. It was the 1 day on the whole build over two and a half years that's ever been non-productive after a full nights work. Suppose these things are sent to try us. Back on track now though and ready to go.

Lose the love, ME, never. I'm rocking on a cornflake here. As soon as I drop Mrs.H off in town for a hen do, I'm in there like swimwear.

:thumbs: Good stuff.

The rad hose is looking ace. :cool:

Couple of pics from the other day.

I've drilled and tapped my sandwich plate with 2 extra 1/8 NPT holes for both my Syvecs and Defi sensors.

Also the gearbox is now in, prop is on, and all the heat shields are in place too. Before I took the car off the road, I had issues with the shifter getting really stiff due to the heat from my exhaust. So what I've done is, filled everywhere I could with copper slip and I'm also in the process of making a heat shield to cover where the shifter base is exposed to the exhaust so hopefully that will stop the stiffness from now on. I must say though, after I've added copper slip to the shifter it feels a lot more tight and precise, just like a brand new car.

Surpried you didn't matt black the gauge pod.

Dash looks really nice.

The spacer plates have a turd of an adapter. I've loads spare if you wanted one. nicely machined from 316. I needed 2 so had 5 spare. Just a thought :)

Nice work mate, I need to do that to my sandwich plate at some point. Just wondering have you ever thought about a floor box pedal setup seen some with reservoirs on the back or remote reservoirs you could lose the brake and clutch stuff all out of the engine bay and smooth it over :)

Nice work mate, I need to do that to my sandwich plate at some point. Just wondering have you ever thought about a floor box pedal setup seen some with reservoirs on the back or remote reservoirs you could lose the brake and clutch stuff all out of the engine bay and smooth it over :)

If I'm honest, that would be going too far. I can't imagine the pedals would be in the same position as stock and I like how it's all set out, the spacing is perfect for me. To change it just in the name of removing the cylinders would be daft I recon. I did think about it when I got a little obsessive with stripping stuff out but quickly came to my senses.

Looks great. It would bug me that the rad hose isn't strait. But I'm sure your ok with it ;)

I'm fine with it dude.

If I'm honest, that would be going too far. I can't imagine the pedals would be in the same position as stock and I like how it's all set out, the spacing is perfect for me. To change it just in the name of removing the cylinders would be daft I recon. I did think about it when I got a little obsessive with stripping stuff out but quickly came to my senses.

I'm fine with it dude.

Yea I guess it's more track setup with pedal spacing those floor boxes were racing shoes are probably best worn, you still have one of the best engine bays I've seen

Undoubtedly my favourite supra on the forum. Can't wait to finally see it in person one day :)

Thanks bud, it makes it all worth wild with comments like that. Especially when the cars not running yet, you can't appreciate it as much. But the positive comments spur me on, if you know what I mean.