Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does darret not have the one he used on his setup John?

Yeah I got it, but it was a VWR one. To fit this, the cam backing plate needs cutting and the timing cover removed and I didn't want that so I opted to make my own. Sound performance make 1 but there about £250 blus delivery.

Things are starting to come along with this now finally.

I picked up a full clutch release bearing set from toyota on Wednesday so fingers crossed the gearbox is going back in tomorrow as well as bleeding the brakes off.

I've made a Top water neck at work, to clear my turbo housing. That was finished last night. I've had a -24 fitting welded onto that and the rad too.

I've fitted a new a-pillar pod as I wasn't happy with the Greddy one. The new one replaces the whole A-pillar piece instead of the greddy pod that sits over the top.

A little bad news though, I've dropped a Bo11ock with the -24an fittings. Those arrived yesterday. The problem is, when I measured it up, I thought 2 x 45 degree fittings would do the job but there too close together which will put a kink in the top hose and look pretty damn ugly, so I've had to order a 90 degree fitting for the water elbow side. So that's more waiting time.

On a positive note, I'm sure I'll be able to sell the spare fitting and hose I have left to pay for the 90 degree fitting I've just had to fork out for.

I'll get some pics up soon of how things are looking.

I'm hoping by next weekend I'm putting fluids in.

I just need to get myself some running in oil.

The problem is, when I measured it up, I thought 2 x 45 degree fittings would do the job but there too close together which will put a kink in the top hose and look pretty damn ugly, so I've had to order a 90 degree fitting for the water elbow side.

Looking at the last picture above it looks like 2x45 degree fittings would work. But pictures can lie :sly:

A 90 degree fitting will look much better :thumbs:

Top work as usual Hodge !

Looking at the last picture above it looks like 2x45 degree fittings would work. But pictures can lie :sly:

A 90 degree fitting will look much better :thumbs:

Top work as usual Hodge !

There's not enough clearance, the braided hose will loop back on itself and look terrible. I've ordered a 90 degree now, hopefully I'll get it next week.

Those radiator fittings are going to look amazing when all hosed up.

You gonna get the aeroquips re-annodised to be totally blue to go with your theme of the blue/white? Or you going to stick with the factory blue/red combo ?

Sticking with the blue and red. All the other aeroquip fittings on the engine are blue and red too.

Got my clutch release bearing kit the other day, but couldn't fit the life of me work out how it all went together.

After a bit of research, and some help from some members on here I got the bearing assembled to the pressure plate. The problem was the hub wouldn't attach to the bearing because there was a washer missing, which was why I couldn't work out why it wouldn't go together. I've ordered the part in question (£10 for a bloody washer) which will be hear tomorrow. So all being well ill get it all together and get the box fitted on Friday night.

I've now got all the brakes bled off too. Still waiting for a -24 fitting arriving and were 1 step closer to fire up.

Total disaster of a night last night. The plan was to fit my clutch and gearbox, finish off the top water elbow, and attach the turbo boost pipe. AND IT ALL WENT WRONG.

Firstly, as I was tightening the bolts on the clutch to flywherl, 1 of them picked up, so as I backed it off it sheared the head off so it all had to come apart again. I couldn't get any mole grips on so I had to use a stud extractor. When the bolt came out, it took out all the threads in the flywheel too leaving the O/D of the hole oversize to re-tap.

Then, I moved on to the top water elbow, now on the underside, I drilled and tapped 2 holes. 1 for my engine temp sensor and 1 for my Defi water temp sensor. I turns out that the 2 holes are about 2mm too closet and I can't get both sensors in as the touch before there tight. So this needs to be rewelded, drilled and tapped again. It's just wasn't my night I guess, so I downed too and went in the house in the huff.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare 6 speed flywheel lying about they wants to donate to a good course.

So it's a take 2 tomorrow night.

My new flywheel has arrived today (cheers Geo), and the a top water neck is now welded and a new 1/8npt thread put in for my temp sensor. I'm going to get stuck in after dinner tomorrow.

The plan for the day is:-

Fit flywheel

Clutch

Gearbox

Prop

Polish and fit water neck

And a little wiring.

Ohh and a couple of Domino's hot dog stuffed crust pizzas and maybe a can of monster or 2.

Sorry to hear about the errors John but I'm sure you can rectify it all. :) Good luck!

A small setback Dave that's all, just got me down a little. It was the 1 day on the whole build over two and a half years that's ever been non-productive after a full nights work. Suppose these things are sent to try us. Back on track now though and ready to go.