hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Small update from my end.

K-Sport rear brakes arrived from Steve.M today. 356mm discs and 4 pot calipers. They'll took awesome behind my wheels.

I'm calling at the bodyshop tomorrow too to see when he can get the car in for some engine bay work once the engine is out, and I'll also speak to him about painting the rear calipers too.

Got myself a 4" exhaust butterfly the other in a quest to quieten the car down a little. I'll get into that once I get all the engine back together.

Spend a few hours tonight stripping down the engine ready to pull it out.

The car is booked into the bodyshop on 15th October for a little more engine bay work, so I need the engine out and stripped my then.

Here's a few progress pics from today's escapades, Sausage Bosh !!!!

This is how she started.

Rad, fans and front of the engine stripped.

And here we go, all ready to come out.

I left the PAS setup all connected just unbolted the pump from the engine, dropped the tank and pump down and cable tied it to the front of the bay.

Plenum and loom removed.

Already to to come out.

Oh just had a brain fart. :D

The two little breather pipes from cam cover to cam cover, could you not do 2 little braided lines??? That would look Epic, don't think thats been done before. :D

On another note, awesome work. Makes me wana go into the Garage and rip mine to bits, oh wait my garage aint big enough, and its peeing it down. Back to Xbox. :D

How can this get better!?:faint:

Lets hope so :)

Oh just had a brain fart. :D

The two little breather pipes from cam cover to cam cover, could you not do 2 little braided lines??? That would look Epic, don't think thats been done before. :D

On another note, awesome work. Makes me wana go into the Garage and rip mine to bits, oh wait my garage aint big enough, and its peeing it down. Back to Xbox. :D

You can't see those pipes, that would be just silly ;)

A little more stripping down today, bumper and headlights off, oil cooler and intercooler pipework out and finally scuttle panel off to see if its possible to route the brake lines and brake booster pipe through the passanger corner of the scuttle, so there completely hidden. BUT, I'm sure there was a reason I didn't to it the first time round.

Managed to pull the engine today. Tomorrow it's off to my sisters for strip down, then it's a road trip to mr.Wilsons for the block machining and all the balancing done.

Rods and clutch also arrived today. Massive thanks to DC-Automotive sorting me out with these. Dane has been VERY helpful throughout the last few months as I started collecting parts. I've been totally anal over what I want to use and how I'm applying it, and Danes listened and supplied me with exactly what was required. The clutch was a huge issue for me, as you all know. Because I want the car finished with no compromises this time, and a civilized drive off boost, Dane even went to the length of having a custom pressure plate made for me, so I didn't have to use a rattly multi disc clutch. I'm pretty excited to see how this performs.

Here's a few pics of the engine coming out. I'll post some more pics up of the clutch and rods and some details on my new engine and turbo setup later on tonight if I get time.

And she's out.

Tucked away until tomorrow.

Still a little more stripping out to be done befor the car goes to the bodyshop, so I can get a few parts powder coated.

No messing about then John, looking forward to your uodates :thumbs:

Christ, getting stuck in John lol

I really need to get things moving now, I want it all back together and hopefully back in the car by Xmas. It gets cold up here and I'm getting no younger lol.