The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

There's no advantage at all really Luc, I'm just trying to cover every angle really. I don't want to get the pistons at 86.5mm and find the bores are too damages/oval and need to be bored to 87mm. I'd rather just go for the bigger size to save me a heartache really.

Roger that. I will come back and talk to you the moment I need to decide on the pistons size. I guess you will have already mostly completed your beast when Darren is starting mine.

Cheer

Luc

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roger that. I will come back and talk to you the moment I need to decide on the pistons size. I guess you will have already mostly completed your beast when Darren is starting mine.

Cheer

Luc

Well I've p.md Paul and ordered my pistons and im just about to pay Dane for the rods, so now I just need to scrape the money together to pay Chris for the balancing and machining work. As I said, I'm hoping to have it all back in the car by Xmas at the latest. I will leave a few things off though, cos I'm off over to Titan for a little visit while I'm in Florida over Xmas ;)

Most of the loom is done already Andrew. When I did the initial build, I stripped all the unwanted wiring back to the ECU. I just need to remove the loom tape (which will be a nightmare), and run the sensor wired through it, as well as swap the plugs over, although I may ask Ryan to do the plug :)

I did Ibrars engine loom for him the same way, with all the sensors inside, looked very tidy indeed once it was done.

Cheers, mate.

I'm just selfishly thinking about my next Supra ;)

One crazy thread John mate.

Someone could know absolutely nothing about Supras at Post-1 and then everything about them by post umpteen-thousand.

I have learnt loads of important points about Supes during the reading of this thread: The main one is to get you to do the work since you're just up the road from me, lol.

One crazy thread John mate.

Someone could know absolutely nothing about Supras at Post-1 and then everything about them by post umpteen-thousand.

I have learnt loads of important points about Supes during the reading of this thread: The main one is to get you to do the work since you're just up the road from me, lol.

When I started the thread, I tried to make as much detail into how I did things as I could, as I do in most thread on cars I've been working on for members. Its probably why the thread is so bloody long lol. The way that I see it is, a project/build thread is about members learning from what you've done, including mistakes you've made, so they can have a go themselves and hopefully avoid the issues you had along the way. And believe me, I've made some mistakes, but all have been documented and I've explained why it's happened and how I fixed it.

I get a canny few p.ms each week asking for advice on stuff I've done in my thread. We're all a community here, all equals, so if I can detail as much as I can and it makes another members car better then were all happy.

Now can someone please help me off this soap box so I don't sprain my ankle :D

When I started the thread, I tried to make as much detail into how I did things as I could, as I do in most thread on cars I've been working on for members. Its probably why the thread is so bloody long lol. The way that I see it is, a project/build thread is about members learning from what you've done, including mistakes you've made, so they can have a go themselves and hopefully avoid the issues you had along the way. And believe me, I've made some mistakes, but all have been documented and I've explained why it's happened and how I fixed it.

I get a canny few p.ms each week asking for advice on stuff I've done in my thread. We're all a community here, all equals, so if I can detail as much as I can and it makes another members car better then were all happy.

Amen to that!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I think the glove gauge pod thingy looks great trimmed in the grey John, breaks up the dash and i think the lower glove box would look great covered too! would give the passenger a nice place to live.

I got the dreaded task of fitting my dash unit this week :(

keep up the good work, never ending :D

Hey Rob, welcome back buddy. I'm in the process of doing my door cards in black suede, and the armrests in Grey Alcantara too, so I'll wait until those are done before I decide on the top glovebox.

Good Lucy with that dash mate, but I'm sure you'll be fine ;)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vM42Bu-IKLU/UFmcFaBhnNI/AAAAAAAAD9Q/d053Yc4AnEQ/s779/2jzgte-stage4_2.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-R2-TzY5I1ic/UFmcFv4z4TI/AAAAAAAAD9I/sswJqt2zZA0/s783/2jzgte-stage4_3.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-SeI0s5pEtU8/UFmcISdukzI/AAAAAAAAD9s/1upLXjHvcnE/s522/2jzgte-stage4_4.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WyaURJA1YME/UFmcFgcioGI/AAAAAAAAD9M/FUeJbToy_co/s710/2jzgte-stage4.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qPQJgqDPhkI/UFmcHfuzj1I/AAAAAAAAD9g/SCKL3vFbPBY/s988/2jzgte-stage4_5.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-B3RSoTTwwmw/UFme4Ls62nI/AAAAAAAAD-E/g97ZYcsDLLc/s526/2jzgte-stage4_6.jpg

Edited by Callaway Motorsport (see edit history)

Little but of an update guys,

Pistons will be here from Whifbitz tomorrow. I've gone for 86.5mm instead of the 87mm I originally planned for as Paul was finding difficulties getting them and expected it would be a few weeks. I really want to get this moving now so I've gone for the smaller size.

Rods and clutch are on the way from DC-Automotive.

And I've also bought a set of K-Sport 4 pot rear brakes with 356mm discs from Steve.M. I'm Hoping my bodyshop can match the D2 purple colour of the fronts, if not ill have to take all 4 off to have them painted. The same colour. I couldn't cope with purple fronts and black rears.

Suppose I best get my finger out and pull this engine and get it stripped down, ready for a Road trip to Chris Wilson.

Nice one John.

Why don't you strip the calipers down and anodise them instead, it will be a much better finish. I will be anodising mine to red over winter.

Won't that mean ill need a full set of gaskets and seals?

Oh and speaking about the winter, I'll need to have a chat with you about my wheels ;)

Gutted there not shiney lol.

Rods and clutch should be here by the weekend.

Michel Lane have very kindly gave me a good stock crank and a flywheel, thanks again Bud.

Now I just need to get my finger out and pull the engine.