Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice work mate I think a nice flocked interior in black would look the nuts with that. Better get stripping it all apart again and taking that dash out;)

I hate flocking if I'm honest. It's a horrible finish. Far too ruff, I like soft and smooth :D

I hate flocking if I'm honest. It's a horrible finish. Far too ruff, I like soft and smooth :D

I know what you mean but that leatherette crap looks awful you need to have the rest done in alacantra however you spell it now would look good in black I rekon. Thats a challenge doing the whole dash ey :)

Bloody good work Marra for someone on a weekend away with the Mrs ;)

Hope Paula's Radley matches the interior lol

Lol, I finished the last panel when I got home tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what you mean but that leatherette crap looks awful you need to have the rest done in alacantra however you spell it now would look good in black I rekon. Thats a challenge doing the whole dash ey :)

I don't mind the stock dash if I'm honest. Mines in quite nice condition.

I don't mind the stock dash if I'm honest. Mines in quite nice condition.

But it would look better in alacantra and now your thinking that in your head its going to play on your mind and bug you, out comes the dash:D

The only way that dash will come out is if the heater matrix goes. Otherwise it's staying put bud.

- - - Updated - - -

Im with you there mate

if we are thinking the same thing :taped:

Aye, I've a feeling were on the same page Darren.

Great work John. :)

Are you planning on doing the door cards too?

No I'm leaving the door cards. I may do the arm rests though, at a later date.

Looks pretty good - although I'm not sure what colour the suedette is with the flash! Is it black or dark grey?

It's dark grey Andrew, im moving the car out the garage today do I'll get some pics in the sunlight.

The guy who painted my car for me called over today. He's starting a show plate business up for his daughter and he's asked if he could use my car for his website and for promotion. So we pushed the car out the garage and fitted a custom plate to the front for a few snaps for his website.

Whilst the car was out the garage, I took the opotunity to get a few pictured of the dash in the daylight. I'm still in 2 minds wether to do the top glovebox gauge pod, I'll ponder on it for a while.

Anyways, what do you think??

Whilst he was here, I spoke to him about a couple of ideas I had for the engine bay whilst the engine was out. So he's agreed to have the car trailered over to the body shop once I pull the engine, for a couple of changes and to paint the bay again for me.

Looks nice that mate! Personaly I would leave the glove box pod as it is or just do the whole lot :)

I am going to do the top of the switch panel on the drivers door as it blends in with the dash panels, but I do t want to get carried away and make it look tacky.

A few more parts arrived today.

Last 2 sensors for the Syvecs, oil pressure and EGT, although in not happy about the colour of the EGT wire, they could have done them in white or black lol.

And also 50 foot of 1" DEI Titanuim heat wrap for my exhaust manifold. I've got my downpipe wrapped in this and it's awesome stuff.

Had some spare time at work tonight, so I took my top glovebox panel in it retrim it.

Here's how it starts out.

I rubbed down the panel after removing the gauges, just to make sure there's no high spots.

Here we go, all done :D

Got everything nice and tucked in at the back too.

I'll get it fitted tomorrow and see how it looks.

Nice work again John, should blend in nicely with the new dash!

You have endless skills!:D

Really looking forward to fitting this back it. It should finish off the dash nicely.

Next job is fluids out the engine ready to pull it in a week or so.