The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

:thumbs:

Quite chuft when I read this part because I knew you were planning on selling it. Glad to see you're keeping it, for now at least. Gives me more time to win the lottery! :D

All the best with your future plans. Hopefully you'll be keeping it for the long haul once you've sorted out your issues with it! :)

Thanks bud. Sometimes it just takes a step back and look at what's going on to realize I'm being daft. It's really easy to find yourself chasing numbers and having to make compromises to reach it, which like I said, I never should have done. I'm not saying I won't be back to the Dyno for a little more power but I think I need to get the car to my original goal posts and move from there.

It's had all the upgrades that Ryan suggested, for more power but at this present I'm happy to just make it more of a user friendly car.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It great too hear the love is returning, i would blame the weather more than anything though its horrendous at the min!

Hopefully we'll get some decent weather over the coming months, so you can get some miles on the clock and so i can actually get too see the beast in the metal.

Hopefully the niggles wont cause you much hassle too sort out.

Those mirrors look amazing!!! Stevo has some serious skills

It great too hear the love is returning, i would blame the weather more than anything though its horrendous at the min!

Hopefully we'll get some decent weather over the coming months, so you can get some miles on the clock and so i can actually get too see the beast in the metal.

Hopefully the niggles wont cause you much hassle too sort out.

Those mirrors look amazing!!! Stevo has some serious skills

To be honest I can't see them being too Much hassle at all, just the time to do them all. Think I may have to live with the clutch for a while. My main concern in the exhaust. But I'm Sure Stu at AAS will come up trumps, once I can save the cash up for it that is. But I'll get a price tomorrow and go from there.

Fingers crossed, I'll get her out today to make sure the boost issue is sorted as that's my main concern.

John. Do you think the RPS 6puck single clutch will handle that much power?

By the way; what twin clutch are you running for the moment?

I'm not sure Luc but I'm tempted to get a 2nd hand one and trying it. I'm sure. Remember hearing they hold 800 ft/lb of torque. But I could be wrong.

I'm currently using N Ogura Tein plate with lightened flywheel.

I have my RPS stage 3 (6 puck) .. almost new (+-1000 mls). I plan on pushing the power to around 800 rhhp with the engine build, and wasn't sure about the limits of the clutch, as I want to see if I really have to invest 3000+$ on a RPS triple carbon unit ASAP.

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

I have my RPS stage 3 (6 puck) .. almost new (+-1000 mls). I plan on pushing the power to around 800 rhhp with the engine build, and wasn't sure about the limits of the clutch, as I want to see if I really have to invest 3000+$ on a RPS triple carbon unit ASAP.

Well send me it over with a stock flywheel and I'll test it for ya ;)

Isn’t it funny when we all get to the stage where the car is 95% finished we have a change of hart and then want to sell it..... Especially when you have put as many man hours as you have John

I had lost the love for most of last year of the car but now I looking at member’s cars, it’s given me a huge boost and I want to do more to the body work, rip out the engine and have a whole new list to do lol

Glad to hear your going to enjoy all that hard work you have put into the car when it bloody stops raining!!! Im sure the GTR will be an outstanding car but the Supra you have built almost from the ground up and I don’t think you will get the same satisfaction as the Supra does

hey john . may i ask where you are getting those "shiney" hoses for your fuel system ? is it the same system as AN fittings an hoses og are they pre-made in the length you need ?

your car looks amazing and sure it is a BIG insperation for me and my supra build ... same as your craftmanship ! :respekt:

Nice one mate! Glad to here you have changed your mind on selling, you have one of the uk's best supra in your hands there! if not the the best and you built it to perfection so KEEP HOLD! Lol

Ps: nice mirrors too :D

hey john . may i ask where you are getting those "shiney" hoses for your fuel system ? is it the same system as AN fittings an hoses og are they pre-made in the length you need ?

your car looks amazing and sure it is a BIG insperation for me and my supra build ... same as your craftmanship ! :respekt:

I have a hydraulics supplier about 20mins from me which I use. I just give him the size of line and fitting and he makes them all up for me. There all Teflon braided lines with crimped fittings.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've been out in the car today and holy feck, I'd forgot how good it is to drive. All boost issues are sorted now just need to get onto the little annoying list I have.

Here's a quick video my some did on my phone. 2nd and 3rd gear at 1.5bar. Unfortunately cars infront ment I had to back off.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've been out in the car today and holy feck, I'd forgot how good it is to drive. All boost issues are sorted now just need to get onto the little annoying list I have.

Here's a quick video my some did on my phone. 2nd and 3rd gear at 1.5bar. Unfortunately cars infront ment I had to back off.

Glad you got chance to go out in it! :D

I know it's not on the same scale in terms of power put when I've been driving my daily for a few weeks and then go out in the Supe you do forget about the power lol.

Glad you got chance to go out in it! :D

I know it's not on the same scale in terms of power put when I've been driving my daily for a few weeks and then go out in the Supe you do forget about the power lol.

Totally mate. I've been driving a peugeot 106 diesel for the last 2 weeks lol.

I especially liked the little giggle at the end of the video :D

Didn't get a chance to go to AAS today so hopefully il will be in the morning sometime, but first I need to get a new aux belt. For some crazy reason it snagged on the shift dampner bracket and shredded it. GREAT, £100 Kevlar belt down the drain. I'll just get 1 from my local motor factors for the time being though, probably only cost me a tenner or so and were mobile again.

I am encountering a little boost creep in 3rd gear which worries me. I made 1.7 bar in 3rd last night. This has never happened before. I think the wastegate is slightly too small for the turbo and finding it hard to control it at lower boost levels. I'll get the summer out of it and around October time I'll take it back to the Dyno to get it mapped for slightly higher boost until the wastegate is happy to hold it solid at the set boost level. I'm just a little concerned I'm going to get some debt as it was only dyno'd to 1.5 bar. But I suppose if it goes pop it goes pop. It will be time for a build engine. You can pick them up for very reasonable money now. Whifbitz and SRD are doing build short blocks for around the £3500 mark, which is worth every penny for piece of mind (and a little more boost).