The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

Got some work done on this before training tonight.

I've ordered a set of "special" spark plugs.

And got myself an Aux belt to fit the final 3 pulleys.

With a bit of jigery pokery I got the belt on and tensioned up nicely.

All the mikalors are now on and tight. All that's left to do is wire up the power steering pump.

I'll be firing this up over the weekend for sure.

Here's a few pics of the new belt fitted.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just went through the entire thread and joined this forum just to let you know this is the most amazing work I've seen, you're definitely a talented person! Car's looking absolutely amazing, great work mate.

Ohh WOW, thanks so much. It's really kind of you :D

I worked late into the night on Saturday to get the electric PAS going, and I have to say, it worked a treat. The movement was no different to using a stock pump in reference to stiffness and it was ver smooth indeed.

BUT, I can't deal with the buzzing the pump made. I had the pump located in the drivers front air duct in the bumper just behind my intercooler pipe, in comparison to an MR2 which has the pump under the bonnet somewhere odviously somewhere with sound deadening to remove any noise. Great setup, let down by a noisy pump. I could only compare it to when both of my Bosch pumps are running, it sounds like that but odbiously at the front on the car.

So 3AM Sunday morning it all came back out again to fit a convertional setup.

Ibrar has kindly given me a TT Resevior with AN fittings welded on and a feed line from the rack to the pump (thanks very much mate, I owe you 1). My pump is going off to Chris Wilson in the morning for a rebuild, as it was becoming a little noisy before I removed it. He has told me he can turn it around in the same day so I'll have it back Friday at the latest. So then, it's all put back together and fire it up. Everything else engine wise is done, just the pump to put back in.

Sounds all good dude, too bad you ended up getting the pump out again lol, pretty crap.

I guess it's 1 of those times where I've just got to suck it up and move on. But I suppose if you don't try, you'll never know.

I kicked my electric fans over today for the 1st time, after upgrading to larger cabling. And WOW, what a huge difference. These seem to flow loads more air now.

The setup I have has a primary fan with 5 blades and a secondary fan with 7 blades. Now the 5 blade fan seems to flow more air than the 7 blade fan, by quite a bit. The motors are exactly the same size, so it must be the blade design. I've contacted a guy on eBay who is breaking an IS300 to see if I can get another fan with 5 blades so I can get maximum cooling. I'm confident this will sort my cooling issue coupled with not having anything in front of the rad apart from the intercooler now.

Is there such a thing as a car thats just too nice? I think there is...an its a white, Aerotop, big single BEAST!!!

Now then......where's that phone number for my mortgage lenders.....?

Was good to meet you today Colin. Hopefully it's going to be running the next time I see ya :)

Spent some time over the weekend making some ducting for my oil cooler. I removed the inner part of my TRD bumper and cut a section out of it around where the oil cooler sits. I then made some ducting out of aluminium and bolted it to the inner bumper. When I get it all lined up and square I took it all off the car and fibreglassed and painted it.

I'm very happy with the results, and now hopefully I'll get more air to the cooler so I can get those oil temps down a little.

Engine bay is getting there now too. I'm just waiting for my power Steering pump arriving back from having a rebuild and then I can get her fired up.

It's itching to be unleashed.