• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks stunning John !!!!

Looks like I'm going to have to invest in getting my bits chromed

are you at Japfest ? Need to show you something on my car and have a quick chat if that's ok

I won't be there Michael, it's cutting it too fine having the car ready. Feel free to give me a ring or drop me a p.m anytime thought.

Just when I thought it could not look any better... you pull out more chrome and yet somehow make the car look even more subtle but aggressive... great work!

Thanks bud, that's a huge compliment coming from yourself and the beauty you've built.

I'm stripping the baffles out the cam covers on Friday so hopefully they'll be fitted Saturday. Together with the turbo housing and plenum, if my bolts turn up that is.

you may find you get a lot of oil out of the breather hoses if you do that, i know someone else who tried it, used to fill the catch can quite quickly

To be honest, the plan was to leave it as it is, but I'm wishing I'd wrapped it now, but there's no way it's all coming back apart again. I may look to make a heat shield to cover the top of the runners at a later date. My main concern at the minute is getting it running and making the PAS steering with the Hydro-electric operate correctly. I still need to buy a relay and some thicker cable to get the pump powered up. Once I'm happy with everything running ok then I'll look at the little annoying bits that need doing.

Things are starting to come together now.

The last of the Titanium bolts arrived yesterday so after training, I cracked on building up the plenum.

Here's a few pics of how it went together.

Runners attached.

Titanium dome heads and washers

Fuel rail in place with ID1000 injectors

Because I've made a custom loom for the car, there's hardly any wires under the plenum at all which make fitting and removing this literally a 10min job.

Few more engine bay snaps.

You can really see the difference chrome makes instead of polishing only.

Titex front slam panel (Made by APR). Courtesy of Dane @ DC-automotive. Thanks mate.

Finally, a custom made mirror polished brake/clutch master cylinder heat shield with, again, titanium bolts lol.

Thats looking more and more tastier by the day. :D :drool:

It's just getting better and better mate. Can't wait to have another look in May :)

Wow.. Looks great John !

The chrome has made a big difference ! Can't believe how much wires you has taken out lol

Certainly going to be some nice changes to view at Suprapod. Cant wait to see it again.

The touches you have done, have made a huge difference to an already amazing engine bay.

Thanks fellas. I really pleased with the way it's turned out. I'm just hoping the PAS setup goes to plan.

I'm looking into getting an aux belt just for the 3 remaining pulleys without using the tensioner if possible. If it works I'll fibreglass the hole in the front of the timing covers and smooth it all off.

Throttle cable is fine. Never had an issue and it moves very freely. It only looks like a servear angle from the bracket because the plastic shroud is snapped. There's no sticking points or restrictions. I made sure of that. As you say, I don't really fancy dying ;)