Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry dude, even with the loom you ain't got a chance :D I have snow blindness from working on Rob's car all week, it is blingtastic!

Team Ray bans! :cool:

Well he's going to be a little stuck if his misus wants her turbo back from her sewing machine isn't he.

:rolleyes: :D

Your bay will look mighty fine with it chromed out! im going to re-do all mine now lol

Spent a bit of time on the car the last 2 night.

Got all the turbo side built back up. Just waiting for the compressor housing coming back from chroming.

Also got the Whiffbitz, billet tensioner bracket in place and new timing belt.

Because the Titan crank pulley doesn't sit as far back as the stock pulley I've modified the timing cover so I don't have to remove the pulley to get to the belt, which will make life much easier if I need to get to the water pump etc.

Billet tensioner bracket

Timing belt fitted and turbo side built up

Bought myself a roll of this to wrap the downpipe, just to get the engine bay temps down a little.

I've also got a turbo blanket to match on the way too.

All wrapped and ready to be fitted.

Cracked on with this last night.

Power steering system is now all removed as I'm going to fit an electro hydraulic pump.

Power steering lines also removed.

Heat wrapped downpipe and brake/clutch cylinder heat shield refitted.

This is how she looks at present.

Oil cooler is out and so are the line as I'm opting for a smaller cooler I'm going to try and fit in the passanger side bumper duct.

I'm not having anything between the rad and intercooler so after I duct it the air should be very direct.

Electric fan relays/wiring have been pumped out, I'm going to upgrade the cable and way it's connected to ensure it get maximum amount of power to the motors.

I had to remove the pumps again from the tank as the fuel level sender was reading -98% on my dash2. I fitted a new sender and all is good now :)

Turbo blanket arrived today, so I got it fitted straight away.

I'm now in the process of rewiring my electric fans with bigger cable, to see if it helps with the cooling issues I've had. I've removed the oil cooler and PAS cooler from infront of the rad and will be ducting it too.

If this doesn't work I'm going to go back to viscous fan setup I think. But I'll see how it goes with these first.

I've also ordered a shed load more blue titanium bolts to finish everything off nicely. They cost an absolute fortune but the weigh nothing, and look the dogs.

Here's a couple of pics of the turbo blanket in place. It fits perfectly. Think I'm going to make a small cover to go over the oil lines for a more cleaner look.

Guest Budz86
I don't know how you have the ordasity to say " I've lost the plot" given the fact your gold plating juberlee clips.

The man does have a point Rob!

Because the Titan crank pulley doesn't sit as far back as the stock pulley I've modified the timing cover so I don't have to remove the pulley to get to the belt, which will make life much easier if I need to get to the water pump etc.

You dont have the hub all the way in. You should machine the ATI damper to the clearance that came with the damper. Or then boil the hub and get it all they way in, but will be a pain to take it off.

You dont have the hub all the way in. You should machine the ATI damper to the clearance that came with the damper. Or then boil the hub and get it all they way in, but will be a pain to take it off.

What I ment my it not sitting as far back as a stock one was the part of the pulley that the aux belt sits on. If you imagine a stock pulley it has a large diameter circle with a timing mark on behind the pulley part itself. With the Titan pulley, it doesn't have that extra disc, which gives me access to the timing cover behind. The pulley must be far enough back because the AUX belt fits perfectly in line with all the pulleys.

I've just bagged myself all the nessessary parts for the electro-hydraulic PAS setup tonight for 40 quid. I'm hoping it will all arrive by the weekend so I can get cracking with the conversion.

I've finished the looms for the electric fans today and hoping to get those fitted on friday.

I've also just ordered an APR carbon intercooler plate from Paul so that will finish off the front of the car nicely I think.