Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How the hell do work in that garage? Looks like you can't swing a dead cat in there. :D Nice work mate, always love the details and pics :D

There's not a lot of room at all but I just have to make do with what I've got, cos I won't be getting anything bigger in a hurry that's for sure.

Blimey i feel im to blame lol!

Loving them brake lines John, nice touch! never seen them in the thread before.

There hidden by the stainless heat shield. But they are in the thread "somewhere".

Massive thanks to Mr. Whiffin for getting my Ferrea valve stem seals to me so quick, I only ordered them Tuesday night and they arrived today. So as soon as I got in from work I cracked on. Valve seats are now in, new seals are fitted and I've got 8 valves, springs and retainers fitted. I'll finish fitting the valves tomorrow night after karate and the head will go back on Saturday morning all being well. I'll post some pics up on how it all goes together in a bit.

What was the reason for pulling it apart mate?

I wanted to replace the stock springs with Ferreas and didn't like the idea of doing the "rope trick", so I had no option really, the head had to come off. It also gave me the opotunity to send Rob a big box of stuff to be chromed ;)

john clean the oil up out of the head so we can really see how shiney it is

Davy, what the hell are you doing on here man.

It's not oil as such, the casting is stained slightly. It would come off but I didn't see the point to be honest.

Can't wait to see the cam covers, turbo and Veilside plenum all bolted to the engine and shiney chrome. There going to look the nuts.

I spent a bit of time on the car on Friday.

All the valve springs and retainers are now fitted.

Head studs are in and gasket in place.

Head on, torqued down, shims, buckets and cams in all ready to have the clearances checked.

Looking good

The fuel rail looks the nuts

My car is going to have the 1st ever chrome a veilside plenum (that I know of). I can't wait to get it all back together. I've got a fatty on, just thinking about it :D

im just thinking with you being 2st lighter, that must add to the weight saving and potentially give you an extra 20bhp :D

Looking sweet mate, everytime i ask myself what next, you come up with something else. Be awesome if you did a step by step how to build your engine guide. :D

I've got a couple of funky ideas I want to try but not sure if I'll have the time before the show session starts end of May. There's a few thinks that I need to research 1st before I jump in. Might even get some extra stuff out of my engine bay too, which is always a good thing.

:sly: actually leave it, you will lose points and i might win the show then lol

Not a chance, you've still got that ugly black loom going through the bulkhead, whilst mine is nice shiney smooth white with no loom in sight. That's called a wire tuck Hodge Styleeeeee lol.