The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

Finished off the fuel system today and got it all primed to check for leaks. I've also added a fuel pressure sensor in the -10 main feed line so the Syvecs can monitor what's going on.

fuel pressure loom

Dual -8AN feed lines.

-10 to -8 Y-piece

Fuel filter fitted using stock filter housing.

I managed to get the -10AN line into the stock fuel line coverings , which was a bonus.

Relays and distribution box in place for the fuel pumps.

Boot floor refitted and all hidden out of sight.

Few pics of the brace bar I made and FINALLY got fitted.

Roof back in.

I'll fire her up tomorrow and see how she runs. Then drop the oil and start removing the head.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sweet mate, when you say Fuel ECU, UH?? I thought the syvecs would control both?

Lost me there bud. The fuel pump ECU controls the 1st 044 pump and the 2nd is turned on by the Syvecs when the car makes positive boost.

Love that brace bar, looks sweet. Great update John!

Once I got started in stripping out the interior and cutting panel I though what the hell am I doing, it looks fine as it is. Once I got it all back together though, I was well worth the effort.

Loving your supra. Lots of hard work gone into it and it shows. Think I've seen it around Consett before

Hey Nick, do you live in consett mate, be good to meet up for a chat.

John that car gives me a chubby!!! Brilliant stuff there mate.

A chubby you say Tony, lol, I'm touched, but odviously not with your chubby hahaha.

Hope u have shares in BP mate , have u hit your target HP yet ?

Hopefully I'll be back to the Dyno may/June time I hope. But let's see how it goes as there's quite a few things in the setup I want to change.

meeting up for a bit of crack would be cool and nodoubt you will have plenty of supra knowledge to share :D

This forum is on the way downhill :)

I also love the updates on this thread, love the quality of work and the pics :)

Small update.

Got the head stripped off the car on Friday night. Only took me and Ross just under 2hrs to get her stripped down.

Cam cover, turbo housing, top water elbow and the Veilside Plenum are off to Rob this week to be chromed.

I'm going to clean the head out tonight, and change the spring grid the Ferrea dual springs and TI retainers. Then it's off to be skimmed and crack tested.

Ill post a few a few pics of the old girl looking a little sorry for herself once I get in from work.

Few pics of how the car is at present.

Head is off and has been skimmed and crack tested.

Bores are totally unmarked and smooth as glass.

Head skimmed. Had to take .006" off in the end to get it flat.

At this stage I ran into a little trouble. The Ferrea valve seat have to go UNDER the valve stem seals and the hole is too small to fit over the top.

I built a head for another member about 8 months ago now with Supertech dual valve springs and the seats just dropped over the seals so I never even thought it would be an issue.

This has set me back a few days and wasted a few quid cos the seals on the head have only done about 2000 miles.

After a quick email with Paul @ Whiffbitz he's totally totally pulled me out of the plop, with a new set of Ferrea stem seals at a great price, and there in stock too. THANKS PAUL :D

I stripped the whole head down last night, valves and stem seals out ready for the new seals. I may as well give it a good clean out before I put it all back together.

All being well, if the seals show thurs or Friday, I'll get the head back on Saturday morning.