Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since when have you had NOS dude?! Ive not followed this for a while now and missed so much! Still 1 of the best in the club

Just an intercooler spray for now Alex, ideally I'd like to get a pre-spool dry kit fitted for my turbo, but that's at a later date.

makes me want to get my boot and rear seat all done now. :D looks so much better :thumbs:

Just get it done mate, you know it makes sense.

Lovely that mate :thumbs: NOS bottle looks mean lol

If you look through the windscreen it sits in clear sight between the seats. It's one of those sights you just pull over for if you see it in your rear view mirror lol.

Custom speaker build does look good. How did you get the mould do equal?

Have you ever compared the spray on the dyno with and without? I was thinking about getting a co2 spray but haven't found a huge amount of information on it.

Custom speaker build does look good. How did you get the mould do equal?

Have you ever compared the spray on the dyno with and without? I was thinking about getting a co2 spray but haven't found a huge amount of information on it.

It's never been on the Dyno with the spray, but I've read some people getting good results using it. If not, it does look damn cool though ;)

Holy thread revival!! now im in trouble lol..... better start polishing

looks cracking John, great work as always

Theres plenty more to come Rob, don't worry. Once the fuel system is done the heads coming off :D

lol yes mate I spose its all about the looks. I have tinted rear's so if I get a co2 bottle hooked up it will only be my MOT tester who will appreciate the nice shiney bottle :(

I'm hoping I see some decent results with the spray for sure.

I've read that nos does cool alot better than co2. But co2 is cheaper and being NA we love low cost stuff :cool:

Well if I do go for the pre-spool kit I'd just feed off the same bottle, but if not then it could just be C02 going in there. I'll worry about that at a later date.

Managed to get the pumps fitted in the tank yesterday.

Out with the old, in with the new.

Was a very tight fit but went in, JUST.

Also started the wiring for the relays for the pump. The fuel pump ECU will control the 1st pump and the Syvecs will turn the 2nd pump on when the car makes positive boost.

Fused distribution block for the pump relays.

Your build thread just doesn't seem to end lol

Reading your build thread inspires me until i actually try it for myself :D Its alot easier to see you do it.

It's all a part of a learning curve dude. I've made mistakes, we all have. Even the top class traders on here and in the states make them. If it takes me 5 days to do a job I'd rather do that give the car to someone and learn nothing.

Got all the fuel lines fitted and tucked away under the car on Saturday night. This was a job and a half for sure. Because the TRD rear bumper curves under the car, I couldn't get the fuel tank cover off with out removing the bumper after trying all different ways for a couple of hours, I just but the bullet and removed the bumper.

I lowered the tank slightly and fed the new lines down under the car and bolted the tank back up. This is what it looks like with the lines in place.

The wiring is also finished for the fuel pumps and the relays are in place too.

I've also made a brace bar to fit between where the rear belts used to go but it's currently at the powder coaters being done with the same white as my cage so it all matches.

So whens this beast gonna be finished john ? Need to pop up and admire your handy work.

Come up anytime you want Joe, as long as I'm in your welcome.

Once the brace bar comes back from the powder coaters I'll get all the interior back in and then I can start stripping the head off.

Good call. Did you get any headwork done at all?

Yep it's had a full port and polish, completely de-coked, and valves were lapped in again, head was checked for flatness. I've also replaced all the seals and welded up the water return on the side of the head which goes to the throttle body.

All work done by my good self ;)