Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know I havnt updated this for a while.

I've had a bad week or so with a family member passing away :(

I'm back in the game with this install though. Myself and Bossco spent the day on it Friday making the top of the box out of 18mm MDF. Ive made some inner rings so when the subs go in, they will be countersunk.

The top was attached to the fibreglass base and mounded in with more fibreglass.

To create the sides of the box, I covered the whole thing in a fleece picnic blanket and coated it with resin and hardner then left to dry.

This is as far as I've got so far. Hopefully I'll have some pics tomorrow.

A few pics of the sub box progress.

Unfortunately I've got no snaps of the wooden frame I made but you should get the just of how it's gone together.

Used a picnic blanket to stretch over frame to make a complete box and covered it in resin.

After leaving it over night the resin was nice and hard.

Cut away the excess material.

Then I applied quite a few layers of fibreglass where there was no MDF to make the box more dense.

Tomorrow is rubbing down and smoothing off before the box is trimmed in black box cloth.

Great job you are doing there!

It will certainly look great once its all fitted and trimmed in, and it's going to sound brilliant too I would imagine.

Certainly look forward to seeing your progress over the next few weeks.

Thanks bud. I'm hoping to finish it off today if the weather holds off. I'm on night tonight so got all day.

I'll stick some more pics up tonight hopefully.

Box is now all finished and trimmed. I'm just waiting to get the subs now.

I'm not happy with how the amps are now. I think I'm going to remove the rear seat altogether and extend the boot floor all the way forward to the sub box, unless I can find some other way to do it.

Here's a few pics of how it all looks in the car.

Work of art that, your effort has paid off big time, looks very well done indeed.

Cheers bud.

Mate, whats the make of that nitrous bottle bracket?

I got it from eBay about a year ago Jamie. I'm not sure of the make. It's very well made though. I'll try and dig out the name of the seller I got it from for you.

Mate, whats the make of that nitrous bottle bracket?

Here you go mate.

It does have a slight bit of movement when the bottle is attached to the mount but I'm going to put some acoustic cloth under it to hold it tight, that should do the trick.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nitrous-Bottle-Brackets-Holder-Edelbrock-NOS-Mount-Car-/400044138609?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d247d2071#ht_5252wt_1072

That looks bloody awesome. Wonder if I've time to have something like that made up for mine before Dragonball?!

You've fitted a TRD spoiler "G" so I don't see why you couldn't make a fibreglass box :D

someone needs a bigger garage lol

Id love a bigger garage Rob but it's just not going to happen. I also looked into getting a cheap unit, to just tinker with the car but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any such thing as a cheap unit.

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update guys and girls.

I've had a lot going on over the last couple of months or so, so the Dupra has took a bit of a back seat really.

Here what I've got done so far.

I've knocked up a fuel pump hanger for the twin Bosch 044 pumps. I've welded 8 x -8AN fitting on for feed and a -6AN fitting for return.

I had to shorten the thread on this female-female fitting so it didn't bottom out before it sealed on the male cone.

I then fitted 2 new pumps I bought from Whiffbitz. I had the braided -8AN lines made up at my local hydraulics company.

I used the stock wiring for pump 1 and drilled a hole in the top of the hanger and fitted a rubber grommet so I could get the wires for pump 2 out from the tank. I'll put a small blob of sikaflex on the top of the rubber grommet once everything is in place just to make sure it's all sealed.

I'm hoping to get the pumps fitted into the tank this weekend and start measuring up for the -10AN lines.

Next I've finished off the install. It sound awesome. Just needs setting up properly. A good friend of mine who owns Bassmechanix in Newcastle is going to sort that for me once the car is up and running again.

Here's a few pics of it all complete.

I'll try and update a little more over the weekend.