hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ryan sorted it for me.

Basically, when I did the built originally, th crank sensor wiring was the oposite way around, so once I removed the ECU plug, and fitted the Syvecs plug, it was back to normal. He reversed the wiring in the I/O config, which sorted that.

Next issue was fuel pressure. The pumps prime but there was no pressure at the rail for some reason. I hotwired the pumps via the diagnostic port and it fired straight up. Sounds perfect. I'll get a vid up as soon as I can.

Over the moon guys. I really am. I know how busy Ryan is at the minute with work and in the process of moving house as well. Really appreciated him helping me out, especially on a Sunday.

There's no way I would have found it, or if I did it would have taken weeks.

Whats going on with the cambelt? Seems to be moving all over the place in that video?

Glad its now started though :)

Not sure steve, I need to investigate. It did that on my last engine too then settled itself.

Congrats John and Ryan.

Regarding the cambelt, check it John. I had the same problem last year, and it was a bad cambelt. The problem is that if it moves at idle, it will move more at 8000+ rpm.

Luc

I will do Luc, thanks mate. There's a few issues I want to address before I take it out on the road.

Now it's running and I've had it up to temp I want to check the cam shims to make sure there all still fine.

I've also noticed a very small oil leak at the back of the engine too. I'm hoping its just dripping down from a cam cover.

The fuel pressure odviously needs addressing too. Most of these won't bet done until I'm back from my holidays though. I'm off to Spain for a week with mrs.H on Saturday. But it will be full steam ahead when I get back to get some miles on the car before its dyno'd.

1 thing I am really impressed with which I'd forgot how good they actually were are my electric fans. I've got them set to come on at 90 degrees and go off at 80 degrees. Once these things fire up it takes seconds to drop the temp 10 degrees, and I mean seconds. These fans are emense.