hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another eventful day on the car today.

I've finished off all the little bits that needed doing, and also filled her with oil.

I had a spare hour or so while the misus was out shopping so I knocked this up. A nice mirror polished brake and clutch resevior heatshield.

And yes I know, the pics are rubbish, sorry :(

Very tidy John, loving that mate. I need to get lee to sort something out for mine as the hks shields are too big for what I have at the moment

I'm sure he'll sort you out Rob, lee seems to have great fabrication skills.

Very nice mate, looks spotless, good luck with the new engine.

Thanks Jamie. I am actually shitting myself about start up though if I'm honest.

Pipework I ordered hasn't showed, so I won't be starting it this weekend. Pretty gutted really, but what can I do.

On the upside, I've spun the engine over on the key today with no plugs in, just to start getting the oil around the engine. It spins beautifully. Very smooth and effortlessly. Chris Wilson has done an amazing job on the bottom end balancing and rebuild.

Fingers crossed I'm on for fire up next week now.

Pipework I ordered hasn't showed, so I won't be starting it this weekend. Pretty gutted really, but what can I do.

On the upside, I've spun the engine over on the key today with no plugs in, just to start getting the oil around the engine. It spins beautifully. Very smooth and effortlessly. Chris Wilson has done an amazing job on the bottom end balancing and rebuild.

Fingers crossed I'm on for fire up next week now.

That sucks John, missed this update. It's no huge drama though and it's going to be worth the wait. Looks awesome now with that mahoosive snail sitting there, looks almost fake lol

Not going to rave on and take up your thread but top work ! Have read this over a month or so just every night in bed before I goto sleep and everything is top work is just the works !

Thought I'd get to the end and see it all finished but am kind of glad it's not ! I have something to look forward to now :)

Update on the car but not a great 1 if I'm honest, as I'm a little stumped.

I tried firing the car up yesterday, and it's having none of it. The Syvecs is stopping it fire by cutting fuel etc.

It's stopping it fire and giving me a (short tooth gap) then (long tooth gap) alarm. I've checked the cranking waveform and it looks ok to me, but I've logged it and emailed it to Ryan to see off he can see anything wrong. I'm just waiting on his reply now. I could understand if I just got a long tooth gap alarm which would mean there was a problem with the crank timing sprocket maybe missing a tooth, but the short tooth gap has me stumped especially seems the timing sprocket is brand new.

I wonder if I have a faulty crank sensor maybe?

Anyone got any ideas?

I was going to say check the crank sensor, But you beat me too it :D

We often get faulty crank sensors at work after the engine rebuilds

I'm sure I've got a spare crank sensor in my tool box, it's only a 15min job, I'll try and get only it at the weekend.

I've got to give Ryan a call on Saturday anyways, so maybe he can shed some light on the problem. But fingers crossed the crank sensor will sort it.

I'm going to swap the crank sensor and see if that helps. I've got a feeling it's either that or it's wiring.

Crank sensor seems most likely John, i still have a feeling mine is crank sensor but only due to my VW/Audi days! they always mess around and give similar faults. Double check the wiring too! wont take you 5 mins as there aint much loom left