Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There looks to be no flex in that top hose arrangement to allow for engine movement?

If you've fitted solid mounts somewhere during the previous 286 pages, just ignore me.

It's a braided hose, you can move it as much as you want. Just to add though, the engine does t move much anyways, when it's revved. Maybe a few mm or so.

Good work John, looking great! bet you can't wait to drive it again!

Like you wouldn't believe mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Still don't think I've even seen it move yet lol everytime I've seen it its had half the engine out

Hodge I think I am craving more power at the mo , might have to come see you next time I am up Norf

Call round anytime Steve.

Spent a little time on this yesterday. My final clutch line came, so I got it fitted straight away and started bleeding the clutch, but it doesn't seem right.

First 1/3 of the pedal seems really soft then it stiffens up a little. I'm not sure if its just not bled off correctly and there's still air in there, or there's something else going on. More inverstigation required I think.

Hopefully I'm going to get my Veilside plenum put back on today too before the misus comes in from work.

Best not be in the garage when she arrives seems its her birthday today lol. She's a tolerant woman, but I think that's pushing the boundaries a little too far.

I also knocked up a stabilizer bracket for my powersteering pump last night at work, seems I've removed the A/C. I didn't like the look of the pump flexing when the engine was under load. I've made it from 1 inch thick steel bar so I recon that will do the trick.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

I also knocked up a stabilizer bracket for my powersteering pump last night at work, seems I've removed the A/C. I didn't like the look of the pump flexing when the engine was under load. I've made it from 1 inch thick steel bar so I recon that will do the trick.

Does one have to do anything with the electrics when A/C removed? My interior vents blow out hot air all the time now.

What tq is your clutch rated mate?

765 ft/lb, I'm using it to run the car in, but Dude is lending me an HKS triple plate so I can max the car out on the dyno and see what it will do.

Does one have to do anything with the electrics when A/C removed? My interior vents blow out hot air all the time now.

Nope nothing. Mine has been fine. I've done a few A/C deletes on supras and not had any issues.

I guess with your setup, 750 tq will be achieved easily. :D

I'd have thought so lol. My GT42-76 setup made 778whp and 631 ft/lb, so if that's anything to go by, I should be in the 900s before the clutch gets p1ssed off. But I'm wanting to see what she will make hence borrowing a clutch.

Had a very productive couple of days on the car over the weekend. The clutch is now all bled off, and feels great.

All the engine is back together, apart from the top braided rad pipe. I'm going to extend the braided hose a little to see if I can get away from that crease in the pipe.

Most of the electrics are also done, I've just got the ABS sensors to wire into the Syvecs for the traction control.

I have hit a couple of snags with the sensor wiring though. I need to use pins 42 and 43 for my oil pressure and fuel pressure but pin 42 seems to have the lambda signal wire in there and I have no spare pressure I puts for it left. Also my oil temp signal wire must have been disconnected by Ryan when he wired in the T/C relays, and again I have no other inputs avaliable that I know of. I've emailed Ryan about the above issues, I'm hoping he gets back to me soon.

Hows tricks John? had much time to get anymore done?

Got to be close to getting on the road now :) just need to get rid of this snow!! Looking forward to a passenger ride (I'll take you out in mine)

We're not far away at all. I've had the 1st section of my midpipe welded up last night and the other parts should be here today I hope, so I can measure up and have them welded early next week.

After that, a couple of loose ends to tie up and it's good to fire up.

Looking forward to seeing this all done and dusted, it's going to be epic :eyebrows: I keep noticing on FB the odd 'I'm spending the night in the lab' so all these nights are going to pay off soon.

I seem to be in Newcastle a bit at the minute with work (they have me going everywhere lol) I'll have to drop you a text next time and see if your about :)

Never sell this car dude :)

Looking back, you started this build in 09' look how far its come now :D

Looking forward to seeing this all done and dusted, it's going to be epic :eyebrows: I keep noticing on FB the odd 'I'm spending the night in the lab' so all these nights are going to pay off soon.

I seem to be in Newcastle a bit at the minute with work (they have me going everywhere lol) I'll have to drop you a text next time and see if your about :)

Cheers guys.

I've had a very productive night. I wrote a list at work today of all the things I needed to do before start up, and I've finished most of them tonight. I'm still waiting for a fitting to arrive which is holding me back slightly, but all being good, I'm wanting to have it running next weekend.

I've measured and cut my midpipe ready to be welded, done all the last bits of wiring, I've had the electrics powered up to check there was no issues and I've also primed the fuel system to check for leaks. All with no issues what so ever. Lets hope the start up goes just as smoothly as tonight.