The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

With that T6, this thing will absolutely fly! You planning on revving it higher mate?

I'll leave it all up to Ryan Johnny, I'd have thought he will raise it to around 8k maybe, but he's the expert.

Have you announced the new plans yet, or do these people already know what's going on? :p

Let us little people know, too, as this sounds like it's going to be interesting :)

I've bought Daretts T6 GT4780 setup. I'll post up a new full spec list up in a bit.

Hodge bought darrets big t6 setup :)

Nice work John you certainly dont hold back, am i right in thinking i read you want it back running for christmas?

Not nessessarly running but I'd like the engine back in the car.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to try and achieve and ultimate street car with best of both worlds. I want it to drive like stock off boost and be insane on boost. The spec list is as follows:-

Engine

TT block, rebored, new core plugs, decked and honed, cleaned and painted.

Stock balanced crank

Mahle 86.5mm pistons

BC pro series rods

Clevite engine bearings

ARP main studs

ARP 625+ rod bolts

L19 head studs

New oil pump

New water pump

Extended sump and sump pan

Ported and gas flowed head

Ferrea dual valve springs

Ferrea TI retainers

Ferrea valve locks

Ferrea stem seals

BC 264 cams

Gates racing blue timing belt

HKS cam pulleys

Titan crank pulley

Greddy Aux pulleys

200 amp alternator

Stock dual mass flywheel

DC-Automotive custom clutch friction plate and pressure plate

Turbo setup

VWR T6 turbo kit

Garret GT47-80 turbo

VWR twin gate manifold

Twin 44mm Tial wastegates

Twin Screamers (not sure wether I'll recirculate these yet)

VWR 4.5in Downpipe

Custom midpipe with Silencer and butterfly valve

6" intake pipe

Greddy 4 row intercooler

Custom 4" intercooler piping

Two 50mm turbosmart Raceport BOVs

Fueling and intake

Veilside plenum

Veilside TB

Veilside fuel rail

ID1000 injectors

Twin Bosch 044 pump setup

-10AN fuel feed line

-6AN return line

Aeromotive FPR

ECU/electronics

Syvecs S6 ECU

Full custom engine loom

Full Syvecs engine sensor setup

Fuel pressure

Oil pressure

Oil temp

EGT

Oil temp

Knock

Dash2 display

Canbus cable

Full set of Defi BF gauges.

Full setup will be built by myself, with the engine boring and balancing work done by Chris Wilson. Mapping will be done by Ryan.

Apologies if I've missed anything.

Very nice spec mate, i honestly cant see that clutch lasting more than a couple of pulls if you put any decent amount of boost in that turbo though.

Dane assures me it will take 765 ft/lb of torque. Lets hope he's right.

But if I fry it then at least I've tried.

If it was me i would go for bigger ID1000 injectors mybe 1600 or 2000 for that set up .

I'm really not chasing mega power mark. I know that sound crazy seems I've just bought an 80mm turbo but if I get a little more power than I ran with my old setup I'll be very happy indeed.

I'm really not chasing mega power mark. I know that sound crazy seems I've just bought an 80mm turbo but if I get a little more power than I ran with my old setup I'll be very happy indeed.

Seems a strange way to go tbh, i doubt it will make full boost till 6000rpm on a 3.0L.

Haha good luck getting a 4780 to drive like "stock" off boost :p

I think I know what you're meaning with respect to driveability, but that thing won't be ANYTHING like stock!

The turbo shouldn't effect the off boost driving massively so it shouldn't (hopefully) be an issue.

That turbo will make that sort of ftlb ticking over :D

At that much torque it's a lot of power, I only made 631 ft/lb at 778hp at the hubs so 765 ft/lb has to be close to if not into the 900s.which I'm not really bothered if it makes that much or not.

Wether buying this kit was a crazy thing to do for a more civilized car (off boost), who knows until its running, but when I first started the build, I always wanted a T6 setup but it was just out of my reach at the time.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if Ryan can make this civilized and crazy at the same time.

A little along the lines of Bruce Banner and the Hulk lol.

Seems a strange way to go tbh, i doubt it will make full boost till 6000rpm on a 3.0L.

Amir made 2.6 bar at 4900 rpm with his 3.4 and from what I've read a 3.0 can expect the same around 400rpm later which is the same spool time as my GT42 setup.

Only time will tell I guess.

Shoot me down but reading this it seems like you are fitting a T6 setup because you like the way it looks? sorry if it sounds harsh but for a street car i could not think of a worse setup.

Amir made 2.6 bar at 4900 rpm with his 3.4 and from what I've read a 3.0 can expect the same around 400rpm later which is the same spool time as my GT42 setup.

Only time will tell I guess.

Maybe he did in top gear, in 2nd or 3rd i promise you it will be about 6000+ rpm before full boost, in the low gears my 76 never made full boost to 5500+.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Shoot me down but reading this it seems like you are fitting a T6 setup because you like the way it looks? sorry if it sounds harsh but for a street car i could not think of a worse setup.

Maybe he did in top gear, in 2nd or 3rd i promise you it will be about 6000+ rpm before full boost, in the low gears my 76 never made full boost to 5500+.

Yours must have, mine started pulling hard at 4K and made full boost at 5.5k, with your turbo being a billet it made boost a lot quicker than mine.

Yours must have, mine started pulling hard at 4K and made full boost at 5.5k, with your turbo being a billet it made boost a lot quicker than mine.

Saying it hits full boost at ****rpm means nothing, it massively depends on what gear you are in.

Watch the video mate, first gear thats not on boost till 7000rpm, 2nd gear full boost is about 6500rpm, 3rd gear is about 6000rpm.

If you load it up from low revs, yes it will come on before that, not by a huge amount though.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I've just been off for some days.

You are going for a 80mm beast John. I hope you won't sacifice streetability too much.

I've been speaking to a few guys on Supraforums and everyone running this setup find it great. But I suppose it's all personal taste. Some like instant spooling, I quite like a little lag. If it spools like my old GT42 setup ill be really happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Spend a little time on the engine bay tonight at work. It's now almost ready for the body shop on Monday. I need to remove the anti roll bar for powdercoating and help mask it all up and it's good to go.

Are you smoothing the tops of the arches? Would really be a nice touch to get rid of the bumps there.

I did think about it but the about of labour involved and hassle to do it, visually I don't think it's work the time and money.

The paintwork in your engine bay is better than the paint on the outside of my car lol

I've got 2 very small cracks where I've filled holes (just lack of experience and knowledge really). They are driving me nuts, so decided to get them sorted once the engine is out.