hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys,

Just be warned that John is likely to be in need of a whole load of therapy once this project is finished since he won’t know what to do with himself.

All I can say is: Be there for him!!:D

I'm sure some of the members (who will remain nameless) will be keeping me busy with there cars.

:)

Im working away at the mo buddy but ive got quite abit money put to one side for when the time comes. :)

Hi Jordan.

How are ya mate?

I thought you disappeared for a while. Sounds like you've got a single build in mind :D

Yeh John im fine mate.

Had the supe off the road for around 5 months now, busy working up inverness for a few weeks.

Really missing her now but will be putting some money into her around septermber / october time and would like you to carry out the work if you are available/looking for work.

I was reading lui's building using the PHR Street kit and would be aiming for the same setup with minimum lag.

So expect alot of e-mails and questions from me lol.

Anyways mate how you enjoying your supe?

Having a few issues with the car running lean and bogging at 0.3 bar.

Ive been looking around my fuel system trying to identify the issue. I'm thinking it's a fuel pressure issue. I've replaced all the FPR o-rings tightened up all the fitting so there UBBER tight and also fitted 2 check valves in there. To check the fuel pressure was holding, I fired the pumps up via the diagnostic post so they ran constantly and raised the fuel pressure up to almost 5 bar by adjusting the regulator and there was no issues at all. It held with ease.

I'm hoping 1 of the connections or o-rings was sucking in air thus loosing pressure.

As soon as the weather sorts itself out I'll get it out and give it a go.

I've also bought a set of Veilside mirrors from Jamie.P. Stevo has very kindly offered to carbon skin them for me. Finally for the exterior, I'm wanting the middle section of my bumper carbon skined and a wheel refurb with the centres done gloss black will finish the outside of the car off.

Had the car out today and it's no better. I'm pulling my very little hair out now.

It's certainly not a fueling issue so must be ignition related.

I've recently just replaced all the plugs with no change, next stop is swap out the ignitor and try that. Al the coilpack clips look new but I'll change them anyway to be sure. Then finally if nothing else works I'll buy a new set of superspark coilpacks. It seems the issue has to lie with 1 of the above. The car drives perfectly off boost too. As soon as it starts to pull it seems to missfire and bog.

Had the car out today and it's no better. I'm pulling my very little hair out now.

It's certainly not a fueling issue so must be ignition related.

I've recently just replaced all the plugs with no change, next stop is swap out the ignitor and try that. Al the coilpack clips look new but I'll change them anyway to be sure. Then finally if nothing else works I'll buy a new set of superspark coilpacks. It seems the issue has to lie with 1 of the above. The car drives perfectly off boost too. As soon as it starts to pull it seems to missfire and bog.

What do the logs from the S6 say? Just one pair of cylinders misfiring or the lot? If it's all of them, unlikely to be a coil pack.

Could it be anything to do with the head skim? mine ran very lean, when mine was done, syvecs stopping play?

I've had the car running on boost since then bud. I drove it to Lincoln with a few hard boost pull on the way with no issues. It started to do it on the way home. Was crazy hot that weekend so I'm wondering if a combination of hot weather and old components (coil pack, clips or ignitor) has made 1 of them fail. I'll rob a few parts from Bosscos car and see if I can come up with an answer.

Was the afr's ok after the head skim?

Yeah they were fine. I spoke to Ryan about it after you mentioned you had issues and he said it should be fine, he would just need to pull some timing out of the map.

AFR's went 10.9 on a hard boost pull. When the car was dyno'd they were 11 flat so not much change really bud.

It's braided Teflon Dan, I was ensured that it is fine being submerged in fuel. It's the same stuff I used on my last setup.

There's no issue with the car holding fuel pressure either as I've increased the pressure to almost 5 bar and it held fine, which makes me think its an ignition issue.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest japcity

Hi. Is this car still available for sale and if so how much is it? Thanks in advance. Kent (Jap-City)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks

It's been quite a while since I've updated this so thought id bring you all upto speed with myself and the car.

If I'm totally honest I just lost the love completely. Don't know why really, think it may be a combination of a few niggles, and horendous weather preventing me driving it. I just thought, what's the point of having an expensive ornament sitting in the garage that I can't even drive. So the plan was, to sell the car and buy a GT-R. I was totally adamant this was going to happen, well until last Saturday that is. A nice dry day that gave me the chav to get her out, and I have to say I loved every minute of it. This totally threw a HUGE spanner in the works about selling up.

I want to work Monday night, and spent the whole night thinking what p155ed me off about the car and what I could do to rectify this.

So I made a list:-

Boost issue,

It's too loud,

Hate the noisy clutch,

Shifter gets stiff due to exhaust heat,

Ground Clearence issues,

Can't use it in the wet,

Dash creeks sometimes,

Scuffed wing mirror.

I know some of these things seem trivial but they all add up.

I want the car to be more usable. Looking at the car, I achieved what I wanted, which was a classy stylish curved look. But once I start it, it just sounds like an animal, which spoils the car if I'm totally honest. I want a smooth purring idle, like a BPU car, but howl when it's on boost.

Clutch wise, I've always hated it. I need to find something on the market that's not as aggressive and will deal with my power levels.

Given the recent Dyno threads outlines power conversions from hub to fly etc, this makes me think at 778hp and the hubs, do I actually need a noisy twin plate clutch. I may look into an RPS streetmax with an OEM flywheel at a later date.

When I started the build, I set out to build MY PERFECT supra. Interior and exterior and engine look I feel I've achieved that but I've made compromises along the way in the name of power which I shouldn't have made.

Friday I'm going to AAS which is a local exhaust fabricators in Newcastle to see what he can do for me exhaust wise. I want something quiet but none or very little restrictive.

This will cure the sound issues, and while the exhaust is off I'll fit a heat shield just below the shifter to stop it getting hot and I'll heatwrap the midpipe.

Mirrors are in hand. I bought some Genuine Veilside mirrors from Jamie, which I stripped down and Stevo is carbon skinning them for me at present, which I've just got some pics of. They look emense. Check these out.

I'll update more as I progress through my "Anoyance list".

So the plan was

:thumbs:

Quite chuft when I read this part because I knew you were planning on selling it. Glad to see you're keeping it, for now at least. Gives me more time to win the lottery! :D

All the best with your future plans. Hopefully you'll be keeping it for the long haul once you've sorted out your issues with it! :)