The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

I've just bagged myself all the nessessary parts for the electro-hydraulic PAS setup tonight for 40 quid. I'm hoping it will all arrive by the weekend so I can get cracking with the conversion.

I've finished the looms for the electric fans today and hoping to get those fitted on friday.

I've also just ordered an APR carbon intercooler plate from Paul so that will finish off the front of the car nicely I think.

Quite interested in seeing how this goes :) Good luck with it Hodge :thumbs:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite interested in seeing how this goes :) Good luck with it Hodge :thumbs:

I've kept my pump incase it all goes pear shaped or it performs poorly but I can't see it being an issue at all really, as long as I can get the pump mounted securely then I'm laughing.

Re: Electric power steering

Didn't have 5mins to scratch my head yesterday bud, sorry I didn't phone, I'll call you tonight if that's ok?

Cheers

John

I've just bagged myself all the nessessary parts for the electro-hydraulic PAS setup tonight for 40 quid.

Was this bagged tele-pathically?

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Spent a little time over the weekend with with the oil cooler.

I really didn't want it in front of the rad so the only place for it was in the side duct. The plan is to mount it and cut up the side duct on the TRD inner bumper and re fibreglass to duct directly into the cooler.

So I started with this. A 16 row mocal oil cooler.

Previously I had my overflow tank under the headlight, so that had to come out and be relocated somewhere else, more of that later lol. I opened the hole out on the inner bumper to get the cooler in.

I removed the mounting Lugs on the top of the cooler for a little more space when I duct it.

I then mounted the cooler in Place.

Next the lines were fitted. I didn't like the blue rubber aeroquip lines that came with the cooler so I had some teflon braided lines made up at my hydraulics supplier.

Next I need to start the ducting, but didn't have Tim before work, so I'll get onto that another day.

Now onto the overflow tank. I couldn't go under the drivers headlight because that's where my electric PAS pump and resevior will be going, so the only place left was where the stock tank used to go, which I under the front intercooler panel just above the intercooler.

Problem being it was too tall so needed a little modification.

I measured up and took it into work.

The line is where it need shortening.

An age with grinder and I ended up with this.

A quick trip to my welder and I ended up with this, a nice compact overflow tank.

That's as far as I got. But should get some more work on it this weekend.

Nice update. Some good fab work there.

Thanks Ed, my welder is really does know is stuff, and he doesn't charge me much for doing it either. A tenner here 20 quid there for larger stuff. He did all the welding on both my supras, and I've gave him some weird and wonderful shaped to weld up and he comes up trumps Everytime. I was lucky to fine him I recon.

Titanium bolts will be here tomorrow, and I should get all my parts back from chroming on Saturday, so fingers crossed I'll get most of the engine back together by Sunday, or that's the plan anyways. In going to try and spend most of the day on it saturday working between Simons car and mine. I can see another mammoth session coming on.

Had this made up yesterday, to replace the greddy top water pipe I had fitted previously. The greddy pipe had an 1/8 NPT fitting for my defi water temp sensor and it was just plain ugly really. This was made at a local fabricator and made from polished stainless steel. I was going to send it for chroming before I fitted it, but when I collected it I'm more than happy with the finish, so I'll fit it as is.

Spent a bit of time on this over the last few days, just sorting all the little niggly jobs out that needed doing.

I also made a start on building up the plenum again.

It comes in 3 pieces. Plenum chamber, trumpets, and runners.

I've replaced all the stock black bolts that came with it, to blue titanium ones.

I'm just waiting on a few more bolts showing up so I can attach the runners and bolt it to the engine.

I couldn't resist lying the cam covers on the engine to see how they looked with the chrome against the white bay.

I've plummed the power steering pump in and the pump is now fitted below the drivers headlight. I just need to sort a resevior out.

Looking nice John. plenum and cam covers came out nice :eyebrows: bling bling!!

Certainly do mate. I've gave them a good polish and they looks a world better now.

I'm stripping the baffles out the cam covers on Friday so hopefully they'll be fitted Saturday. Together with the turbo housing and plenum, if my bolts turn up that is.