Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha, I was browsing MVPs site and saw the bottom end girdle kit, and immediately thought of you, Hodgey :)

For your consideration:

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Merchant/mvpgirdle.jpg

***NEW PRODUCT** - MVP Motorsports Engine Girdle Kit for 1993-98 Toyota Supra

Part # MVP 2JZ Girdle

When building your high horsepower Supra ensuring that you build the strongest motor possible is a given. Billet Mains are well known in the 2JZ community to be the best modification to make your bottom end bulletproof. The downside is having to pay $700 or more to have them line honed just so you can actually utilize them not including your ARP main studs (+$129) or the cost of the billet mains themselves!! That is now a thing of the past with the MVP Engine Girdle Kit. Girdles have been used in 1,500rwhp Mustangs, Vettes, Camaros, etc for well over 3 DECADES – they are proven and are now available for the 2JZ!

Your purchase will include:

*MVP Engine Girdle made from a high quality Cadmium Coated 1018 piece of steel.

*Custom length ARP Main Stud Kit $129 Value!!

*Spacer Set.

This kit is a simple bolt on upgrade to your bottom end!

Haha, I was browsing MVPs site and saw the bottom end girdle kit, and immediately thought of you, Hodgey :)

For your consideration:

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Merchant/mvpgirdle.jpg

***NEW PRODUCT** - MVP Motorsports Engine Girdle Kit for 1993-98 Toyota Supra

Part # MVP 2JZ Girdle

When building your high horsepower Supra ensuring that you build the strongest motor possible is a given. Billet Mains are well known in the 2JZ community to be the best modification to make your bottom end bulletproof. The downside is having to pay $700 or more to have them line honed just so you can actually utilize them not including your ARP main studs (+$129) or the cost of the billet mains themselves!! That is now a thing of the past with the MVP Engine Girdle Kit. Girdles have been used in 1,500rwhp Mustangs, Vettes, Camaros, etc for well over 3 DECADES – they are proven and are now available for the 2JZ!

Your purchase will include:

*MVP Engine Girdle made from a high quality Cadmium Coated 1018 piece of steel.

*Custom length ARP Main Stud Kit $129 Value!!

*Spacer Set.

This kit is a simple bolt on upgrade to your bottom end!

Jamie posted that up while ago. I'm leaving the engine alone, well the bottom end that is. Next Xmas I'm going to go 3.4 hopefully so if the engine let's go then so be it. I've got a spare bare block in the shed to use if something ermmm comes out the side of mine. Ryan checked the logs on the Syvecs for the knock detection on the engine after Dyno and it was flat lines all the way. Very quiet engine. I only next a max of 54 RWHP more to hit 1000 BHP. I'm sure the engine will hold up fine.

Hodge vs. JP - Race to 1500bhp. Coming soon..

:eyebrows:

Great result on the dyno and at JAE. Looks like it's all paying off now.

Lovely Supra :thumbs:

Thanks mate. Me v JP, that's not going to happen that's for sure. His car is 1 of a kind. I couldn't even dream of competing with that sort of level. I'm just a guy in a garage on the side of his house with a torque wrench, powered by hopes n dreams (and the odd can of monster).

Fear not lads. He wont stop. It only took him 2 days and 1 text from me and he's off for 1000. This project thread has got another 200 pages in it yet. :)

Aye aye, lap it up fuzzball. You were right lmao.

Jamie posted that up while ago. I'm leaving the engine alone, well the bottom end that is. Next Xmas I'm going to go 3.4 hopefully so if the engine let's go then so be it. I've got a spare bare block in the shed to use if something ermmm comes out the side of mine. Ryan checked the logs on the Syvecs for the knock detection on the engine after Dyno and it was flat lines all the way. Very quiet engine. I only next a max of 54 RWHP more to hit 1000 BHP. I'm sure the engine will hold up fine.

Haha, I have the memory of a goldfish with Alzheimer's :D But you're right, the turbo and engine setup you've got should be good with a bit more fuel and boost.

Haha, I have the memory of a goldfish with Alzheimer's :D But you're right, the turbo and engine setup you've got should be good with a bit more fuel and boost.

I'm chucking some duel valve springs in there too for a few more revs but as long as the engine holds up, it's a no brainer. I'll buzz Ryan first before I start upgrading stuff so I can add anything else he recommends will be needed to make his job easier to hit the big 4 figures. I've got a few jobs in over the next few months so my car will take a back seat I think. And I'll just have to drive it. What a shame that is :innocent:

wow mate that is awesome power on a stock engine (surely the highest output in UK for stock engine ???) -

As far as I know yeah mate. It's not totally stock though so I don't know if it will really count. Only the rods and pistons are stock.

Engine spec:-

Stock Rods,

Stock pistons,

ARP main studs,

ARP rod bolts,

Titan crank dampner

ARP head studs,

ACL bearing,

PHR oil pump,

New Toyota water pump,

Modified waterways,

Modified oilways,

Gas flowed head,

264 cams,

HKS cam pulleys,

Greddy aux pulleys

Power enterprise timing belt belt,

Gates blue Aux belt.

After the Dyno, Ryan pulled the logs for the knock detection and it was smooth all the way, not even a slight noise at the 7300 rev limit. Only thing that stopped anymore power was the fuel pump was maxed out. I'm going to fit another Bosch 044 in tank to act as a twin stage. As well as fitting a few more little bits and with a little more boost we should crack 1000 HP no problems.

awesome am surprised that clutch is holding the power as its only rated to 650/700..

big bonus then.

After i sorted a couple of issues out with the clutch, it held the power fine. Clutches are usually rated by torque so hopefully I've got a little scope for improvement.

It's the torque, isn't it? I think Hodge produces 630lb/ft, so it's on target :)

Was 631 ft/lb not 630 get it right "G" lmao.

• 1 month later...

Alright folks.

A small update on the car.

I've been doing a little shopping over the last few weeks.

The whole idea was, that over the winter I was going to do a built engine for some mega power. But to be completely honest, can't justify the cost. The car is really nice to drive off boost and imense on boost. So to spend 5K plus to increase the power to a point where it's pretty undrivable for the likes of myself would IMO be stupid.

So what I intend to do over the winter is upgrade a few parts to make for a better setup.

The car will be going back to the Dyno after the winter for some more power but on the current engine. Ryan seems to think 1000hp is doable on the current setup with more fuel and more boost.

So what I've bought so far is the following :-

Ferrea dual valve springs and Titanium retainers

New Ferrea spring seats

Whiffbitz billet tensioner

Gates blue timing belt

Another Bosch 044 pump

-10 fuel feed line (twin -8 to rail)

This should do the job hopefully.

After this I've got an ice install to put in and that's it done I recon.