The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

Does she send you a postcard. ;)

On occasions lol.

She was in Australia for 3 weeks last November, we went to Turkey in May ans shes off to Spain with the girls in July. No doubt she'll be wanting another holiday at the end of the year too. Shes very high maintenance you know lol.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been busy all day with this today. As the body shop looms I need to crack on and get it all up and running so it's just a case of rebuilding it after paint so I can get some miles on before it's mapped.

I've had 2 separate lines running to the plenum 1 for each BOV, I've instead Td both together to save a line running into the bay (every little bit counts lol).

I've 1 line run from the front driners side next to the IC the other from the BOV in the engine bay. These T together under the light with a single line to the plenum.

I've extended the 4 wires to the TPS so I can take them under the plenum and tuck in nice behind the throttle body.

The loom is now vertually unseen around the plenum now.

I then moved onto the brake lines. Now I've been avoiding these for months but they really need doing and to be honest they wernt that bad really.

I've used braided Teflon lines with a white plastic coating to blend in with the rest of the engine bay.

Basically to assemble them, firstly I cut the line to the length I wanted using a grinder with a stainless steel cutting disc, then pushed the ferrel onto the line.

The key factor is to make sure it is on far enough for the line to but up against the shoulder in the ferrel.

Then the fitting is pushed in. In this case it was a straight m10 x 1mm thread.

Then gently using a hammer tap the end in as far as possible so again the shoulder of the fitting sits on top of the line. The other side of the line I fitted a -3AN female fitting which will attach onto the brake master cylinder.

About 3hrs later and they were all done and ready to be crimped which I'll hopefully get done tomorrow, there's 1 for either side at the front and 1 to join the hard pipe that runs to the back just next to the fuel filter.

After this, I went back to wiring again, but inside the car this time. Seems I've changed my injectors now to Injector Dynamics, these are Hi-Impedence, my previous injectors were Lo-impenence, so my resistor pack had to come out.

After this I was wanting to prime the fuel system check for leaks etc but I ran out of time unfortunately. The wife was working away in Bristol and I had to pick her up from the airport. But tomorrow is another day.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

Guest jamsames

a project never ends and can always be improved on. im surprised you can keep thinking of things to do. keep it up!

a project never ends and can always be improved on. im surprised you can keep thinking of things to do. keep it up!

A lot of the stuff I get ideas from other cars and just try and adapt them for my own car.

My to do list only had 3 things on it until tonight, now it's a page long lol.

stunning mate, love it

Love the colour coded brake lines :) Great work, keep it up!

great work, that is one hell of a clean engine bay:)

Thanks guys. I really can't wait to get this to the body shop now. It's exactly a week and counting.

I've got the whole car to strip down at the weekend but to see her painted will totally do it for me. It's like a huge stepping stone.

Most people would have drawn the line at making there own colour coded brake lines. This really is a very detailed project. Good going.

Cheers Ed.

I got the car running today. No electrical fires in sight so I must have done the loom correctly anyways lol. I played around with the map and got it ticking over better than ever, and even managed to get it to rev but it was running lean a little as I revved it. The rest is up to Ryan now. I'm hoping he can remote in sometime this week and get it drivable as I'd like it all sorted before I strip it at the weekend for the body shop.

I also did a little investigating for the spluttering and backfiring too.

I fitted:-

a different igniter,

New wide band

Different injectors,

New plugs,

New crank sensor.

So far I've put my old igniter and new injectors in with no change, I've also ran my wideband sensor in Johnnys car without issues too. Once Ryan gets the car running right I'm going to swap out the crank sensor for my old 1 and see if this makes and difference.

I've dropped off my brake lines at my hydraulics supplier and he's crimping them up for me.

It's all going on now.

great work again attention to detail is mind boggling :thumbs: , Are you pulling the engine again, for the respray?

My bodyshop guy recons he doesn't need the engine out to paint the bay.

I'm removing the following:-

Rad and fans

Brake servo and master cylinder

Clutch master cylinder

Intercooler piping

Turbo compressor housing and heatshield

Breather pipes

Plenum and TB

Heater matrix hoses

Everything else in there will stay and be back masked off to provent overspray.

Nice work on the brake lines, really looking forward to the respray. I bet you can't wait?

Mate, like you wouldn't believe. If all goes ok on Friday which I'm quietly confident TBH after paint I'll never be out of the thing. Well, after I've done my sound install that is lol.

them brake lines look the nuts john, your getting to grips with the attention to detail stuff now lmao :)

I have to go to the lab and think of something better mwhaaaa hhhaaa hhhaaa but ill text you for idea's

It will never be as good as KDWs car though. His is better than everyones and non of us are worthy to know the spec because were not from mount Olympus.

Is it going on the dyno tomorrow mate?

No bud. Ryan is remoting in to get the car running right. I've changed the injectors for some ID1000s cos the RCs I had in were rubbish to be polite. Were going to get the car drivable. Then it's off to the bodyshop on Monday morning. I'll have it dyno'd once all the bodywork is done.