Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Syvecs and loom arrived today. The loom is s total work of art.

I'm just waiting on Ryan to email me a wiring diagram for the extra wiring I asked him to add and I'll get it all put in and ready to go for Saturday.

Great stuff. Can't wait to see your car at the meets this year. Assuming you'll be there showing it off :)

Hopefully for Suprapod then :)

Definitely be at suprapod.

Good luck, mate.. Have been over here in Aus past few days driving my own car (no, I won't brag about the sunshine and warmth ;)) so missed the crankover. Looking forward to seeing the proper startup and tuning vids :)

Can you just confirm what the hell is sun and warmth. We get snow where I live in the summer.

Done soon work on the loom adaptor today.

Started off with the resistor pack. Ryan tells me the injectors will get the 12v feed from the syvecs so I had to mod the resistor pack I got from Heckler.

I removed the single 12v feed and add another 6 wires. Then the injector wires on the loom are cut and the resistor pack is soldered in between them. After this I put the coverings back on and all done.

All soldered into the loom adaptor.

I've kept the wires long so I can locate it out of the footwell to reduce the amount of heat it's getting.

It's going in the car tomorrow.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

Ok guys were good to go for Tomorrow.

Cars ready, got extra oil, PAS fluid and coolant. I've also do some diff oil to change too.

I've bought a 50m Internet cable today so we don't have any issues with wifi signal. Ryan will be on line doing his thing at 9.45AM. Let pray all goes well. I've got team calling over to help with bleeding stuff off and just general keeping an eye for potential issues etc etc.

We've got a servere weather warning for snow tomorrow, so I gues driving it going to be a no no but what's new.

To bleed the coolant I saw this and thought it would greatly help the bleeding process. It gives an air tight seal around the rad cap, you fill it with Copland and remove the bung. As the air comes out coolant goes in. Once it's all bled off, stick the bung back in and just take it off.

Check out the pics

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I'm excited but very nervous. I'm keep running through check lists in my head, have I checked this, have I done that etc etc. I've got some really good Gus on hand if there's issues.

Mate I've got to get Ben (UGP) over to sort out the cable to the car never mind live streaming. I wouldn't know where to start. I'm a total computer retard. But I am getting better sort of.

ha ha ha ha, all that skill in building your car, and you cant work a laptop, he he that made me chuckle, he he.

Going to be a good one mate, what time you reckon your firing it up, i know ryan will be ready at 9.45, is that still a goer then??

P.s where did you get the bonnet dampners? im looking for a set to send to Lee

ha ha ha ha, all that skill in building your car, and you cant work a laptop, he he that made me chuckle, he he.

Going to be a good one mate, what time you reckon your firing it up, i know ryan will be ready at 9.45, is that still a goer then??

P.s where did you get the bonnet dampners? im looking for a set to send to Lee

I'll be putting the final touches to it tonight then up early in the morning to get sorted for Ryan. Then 9.45 were good to go.

Got the dampners from eBay mate. Think they were about 40 quid. Work great but a bit of a Fiddle to line up that's all. But there solid when the bonnets up.

If all goes to plan tonight, I'm going to erm well Ben and me are going to have a look at configuring some of the dash2. Steve has kindly gave me the fuel voltage settings and the RPM-MPH ratios so I can (we can, cos I'm shit with computers) have a crack at that.

Want everything else done first though.

Love the breather system located in the wing! Keeps everything looking very tidy!:cool:

Cheers dude. I wanted to do something different with the breathers that's never Been done. Initially the lines were going to go to the other side. After I changed my mind everything just sort of fell in place as I stumbled through it, not quite knowing how I wanted to do it.

Really happy with the end result though.

good luck hodgemeister!! can you dress ross up in ballerina outfit and pom pom's for first start up vid?

Isn't that a bit of a strange request for a man to ask another man.

He has got an awesome Mr.T outfit though. I'll try n dig a pic out.