Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think I'm going to leave the bumper as is to keep the lines of the car. Think it's the best idea. Means I can remove the bumper to paint the car and I ever need to remove the tank I don't have to remove all the filler an have the bumper painted again.

Dilemma over. Cheers guys.

Lines, 100% I've been there with blended, and the cracking associated with it. Our roads cannot take blended cars, especially on coilovers and 30 profile tyres!

25 profiles on the rear for me mate lol.

On a side note Johnny. I've instructed Mrs.H to make you a LARGE muffin on your arrival on Saturday.

Little update

Finished the passenger side rear quarter. All smoothed in now. But unfortunately I've found a small dint on the passenger door which I've had to fill. It's no big deal just going to take a little more time that's all as I ideally wanted the whole side of the car in primer by Saturday. Ready to push out and turn around again.

Here's a couple of pics of the blending. Doesn't look so good in the pics but it's real smooth baby lol.

Passenger door

Bit of an update well more of a sense of happiness really.

I can actually see the finishline.

I should finish all the bodywork off this weekend, thank god. I've got a small amount of wiring to do at the ECU plugs and the engines ready to start. I should be ordering the Syvecs in the next few week, and Ryan has kindly offered to put a base map on it before he sends it to me.

Odviously there's a few bits I'm not happy with that I feel are slightly untidy which I'll be taking apart and re-doing but I really can see some light at the end of the tunnel now. I've totally found the love again now, and will be spending every min I can on the car.

Just thought I'd share, you may think it's sad but I'm well excited.

Sad? Hell no mate, more like inspiring. Not many would take the time, effort and money to get things as perfect as you have and even more you've done it yourself.

Definitely one of, if not the best supra in the UK. Hopefully ill get to see this beast in the flesh if I get down to suprapod this year.

Sad? Hell no mate, more like inspiring. Not many would take the time, effort and money to get things as perfect as you have and even more you've done it yourself.

Definitely one of, if not the best supra in the UK. Hopefully ill get to see this beast in the flesh if I get down to suprapod this year.

Well it's been a right laugh so far lol.

Let's hope all goes well with the big fire up. I've still got a list as long as my arm of things to do but there all superficial really. It reall is almost there, and I can't wait lol. Sound like a big kid :-D

Hopefully I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Ive been folllowing your build on and off from the start, the work and effort you have put in are amazing.

As already said by others, going to be one of the best in the country

You should be very proud of what you have achieved and sure you will be when you get it finished and look back

Just going to be an Awesome Supra

Bit of an update well more of a sense of happiness really.

I can actually see the finishline.

I should finish all the bodywork off this weekend, thank god. I've got a small amount of wiring to do at the ECU plugs and the engines ready to start. I should be ordering the Syvecs in the next few week, and Ryan has kindly offered to put a base map on it before he sends it to me.

Odviously there's a few bits I'm not happy with that I feel are slightly untidy which I'll be taking apart and re-doing but I really can see some light at the end of the tunnel now. I've totally found the love again now, and will be spending every min I can on the car.

Really, really pleased to hear that for you mate!!! I can't imagine what it must feel like to put so much effort/time/money into something and then finally feel like you're on the home stretch :D

Truly is an awe-inspiring build and I think all the more remarkable that it was just done in your garage at home!

Might pop up tomorrow for a ganda if you're around? Did you say Jonny was coming through?

Really, really pleased to hear that for you mate!!! I can't imagine what it must feel like to put so much effort/time/money into something and then finally feel like you're on the home stretch :D

Truly is an awe-inspiring build and I think all the more remarkable that it was just done in your garage at home!

Might pop up tomorrow for a ganda if you're around? Did you say Jonny was coming through?

Yeah Jay and Johnny are coming up after dinner. Your more than welcome to call mate. There's not a lot to see though mate the passenger side is in primer. And the rest is covered over and masked off.