Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not wanting to disrespect any elses Supra, but your engine bay IMO is the best i have ever seen.

I completely agree.

I thought the blue car you built was cracking, but this really is something special.

So much thought going into the slightest details. I mean white tie-straps in hidden areas FFS.

If you do decide to open a tuning shop, then I'd be more than happy to have you working on my wagon just going off the back of this thread.

You have some serious skills mate :thumbs:

Hodgey boy, go make a coffee,

Then sit and watch 'Love the beast' for some inspirational car love.

R57DB-Th-XQ

You'll soon be itching to get out there again with the spanners :thumbs:

It'll be worth it in the end matey.

I love that mate. What a great vid.

Off to JNE meet today. It's always good being around other gap cars for new ideas etc.

More project updates to come soon.

Been sitting thinking about the car and the build today.

So far this build has cost me in the access of 30k. And then I was checking out some of Jurgens cars like the TRD and even the R34 GTR he has in and thought of what I could have bought with that kind of money and still had change and a lot less hassle.

But then I thought would I have bought a car and then took it apart to put my own stamp on it so to speak.

Don't get me wrong I'm really loving doing this build and it's going to be pretty unique BUT, and here's the but, sometimes I just want to jump in a car and drive it.

Sometimes I think should I have just bought something and be done.

Ahhhhhh I don't know. Think I'm having a trauma. I just want it done I guess but there's still more mountains to climb before I get there.

Ok onwards and upwards, where's my spanners lol.

ok i have an example somebody used on me and it kind of worked. lol

sure you can buy another car and have it all done for you, same way you can go to a lab and have your wife pregnated but you miss all the fun and action and later your left with something that is yours by name but not yours technically! :D

what im trying to say is this, you have built one hell of a machine, and trust me say your at a show or something and you have these big custom built company cars, when somebody comes to you and asks who built and you say 'ME! ALL ME' your car is going to be on top of all those others and jaws will drop. honestly how much has Jamie spent on his car but look at him now with it, hes like a kid in a sweet shop.

Chin up bud, you dont understand the impression you have put on us younger lads, this thread and your build has taught me so much stuff that you cant really put a price to bud. When its completed and you wake up on a sunny morning and see that big beasty biitch sitting on your drive, you will grin, a big priceless grin :D

Hodge you have been one hell of an inspiration and along with all the other comments you deserve a big pat on the back as you have achieved something that a lot of us would struggle to. This thread has taught me that nothing impossible if your willing to make the effort and one dream i have in my life is to one day rebuild a car the way you have, most likely it will be a supra but threads like these make me feel that my dream is achievable.......... Thanks Hodge :)

Edited by adnanshah247 (see edit history)

yeah chin up mate. i wouldnt like the idea of buying a car nearly finished or finished with someone elses stamp on it as its always going to be "that other persons" like the orange beast is always going to be cj's, black beast jamies, and the do-luck supra will always be chingys.

you have something special there mate, your going to cream your pants when its done and smile all day long.

everyone says to me buy a tt and sod the na-t route but this forum would be pants if it wasnt for people taking risks and going down that different route.

who else chromes and gold plates a non turbo lol

anyway, springers final thought over.... now stop chatting poo, pick yourself up, grab a monster energy, and get cracking buddy.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

I have similar thoughts when I think of the money and time I've spent on my own supra, only to still be having the same issues and no working, drivable car. However, I know at the end and with a little more effort (and dare I say it, money), I will have something unique. That is what I wanted, to stand out a bit from the usual supras. I think you have a similar mindset, and far more mechanical knowledge/skills, so don't quit now.

Guys I'm really touches with encouragement and positives.

I assure you I was in no way, shape or form about to give up at this stage, or at any stage to be honest. Your all right, with all your comments. I can actually see light at the end of the tunnel.

Like I've said before, I've got almost 3 wks off in October so I'm gona have a huge push with this to see if I can get somewhere near starting.

Diff should arrive tomorrow, and I've paid for my exhaust so that should be here soon too.

I recon at the weekend I'll have the diff, guards, prop cat back exhaust and midpipe all in at the weekend.

Think I'm going to have to stick a list of parts wanted in the wanted section too.

John, would you be interested in making another heat shield? That's exactly what I'm after :)

I was waiting for someone to ask Kev lol. I havnt got enough mirror stainless left mate that was my last piece mate.

I'll see if I can scrounge some more and I'll drop you a line mate.

i have been tempted a few times to take the drive out to see the car. john what thickness of stainless sheet do you use? can it be bent using hands.

I'm not sure mate I'll have to measure it. Yeah it can be bent by hands quite easy really.

That sounds like a plan good mate. I'll bring the cakes - back in 3-weeks;)

Make sure with the cakes you bring that T51 mate I'd love a ride out in it.

just read more or less all the tread...you are the best...

you do this thing all alone at your home!! work on the engine work on the chassis work on the body style... RESPECT 4 U man!

i would like to know 1/10 of all your skills...

Thank you very much my friend. I appreciate your comments.