hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:love:

Any expectation on power output once complete mate?

no higher than 800hp max i would have thought. Ive built the car to take big power. I havnt forged the engine as in a couple of years id like to go 3.4 so didnt see the point really.

Ill leave the power upto Ryan to be honest. Im sure he'll pull a blinder as usual;)

The engine alone is a work of art mate. :)

Cheers Jamesy. I must admit its a soft spot of mine. I really do like a nice looking engine and engine bay. lets hope its holds well, but I dont see why not.

Ive started polishing the turbo compressor housing tonight. 2 hours later I ran out of brown polishing soap so had to call it a day. Ill stick some pics up in a bit. Once that and the alternator is polished ill get onto the spagetti junction of a wiring loom and then engine car go in.:D

Few pics of the how the polishing has came along well thats until I ran out of polishing soap lol.

And finally this is what happens when you forget the facemask.

that turbo is gonna look lush cant wait to see this completed

Once I get the compressor housing mirror finished and refitted, Ill look into making a polished stainless heatshield insterad of the turbo blanket.

I saw this turbo in real life yesterday. Now I've got a canny big bell end but this thing would just mash my nob to bits if I stuck it in.

Interesting way of measuring turbos!!!!;) If I tried that we could only get to about 200hp:search::(

Got a link to that dude?? Is it a 76mm inducer??? Seems physically very large for a 76mm inducer.

Its definately a GT42-76. I bought it of a very nice guy from supra forums. its a garret unit built at our very own Honeywell in skelmensdale. Whats quite ironic is that I could have actually machined the centre housing for this very turbo as i used to make these in my last job and I cant see them selling these by the bucket load.

I saw this turbo in real life yesterday. Now I've got a canny big bell end but this thing would just mash my nob to bits if I stuck it in.

LMAO now mate thats funny hahahahahaha.:D

Just gone through from the beginning of the thread, what a project Hodge.

This is going to be an absolute puppy of a machine.

Looking forward to seeing this when done.

Top work!!!!!!!!

Cheers dude.

bit of an update.

Engine is going in next sunday. Its all a bit exciting now. even though it wont run for a long time yet ive been waiting to put this baby in for months. Its gona be a massive mile stone for me.